DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fluid film on black rims

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
Well I want to put something on my black XD addicts rims for the winter to sorta help protect from the salt and the crap. I have heard about putting fluid film on the rims to help prevent against corrosion and such. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and did it cause any damage to the rims?

#3 ·
If you ask me, I think it's a bad idea. I personally think everything is just going to stick to the rims and then it'll be even harder to clean since the greasy stuff you put on the rims won't want to wash off. I think just washing and drying your rims more often would probably be better. I know Ontario uses a lot of salt in the winter and would rather have it washed away fast as opposed to sitting in vaseline on the rims

#4 ·
Fluid film will wash off with a power washer no problem, it just sorta puts a shield in between. I am sure over the long run it would hold a lot of crap but in the winter I try to wash my truck every 1-2 weeks. Also have it krown undercoated/oil sprayed.

#5 ·
clear plasti dip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.