DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Stock 4.7L Exhaust....sounds aftermarket?

10K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  mmateri 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've had my used 2009 4.7L QC SLT for a week now, and this morning I noticed something. The exhaust sounds real tough....deep and throaty and good! At first glance it looks stock... the tailpipe looks stock, no shiny chrome tip, it's side exit, etc. I haven't crawled under her to have a look to see if it's aftermarket, but I'm wondering if this is normal for the 4.7L?

Thanks, Ed

#2 ·
Hey Guys,

I've had my used 2009 4.7L QC SLT for a week now, and this morning I noticed something. The exhaust sounds real tough....deep and throaty and good! At first glance it looks stock... the tailpipe looks stock, no shiny chrome tip, it's side exit, etc. I haven't crawled under her to have a look to see if it's aftermarket, but I'm wondering if this is normal for the 4.7L?

Thanks, Ed
I doubt it... Some swap the mufflers and leave the rest of the sytem the same. I bet that is what you have got. Take a look and let us know.

#10 ·
I just got a new 2010 in December and I noticed that at first start and up until it warms up it is deep and throaty. After it warms up it gets quieter but still sounds nice for a stock exhaust. Your going to have to crawl under her and see if the muffler is stamped with a brand name or not.

#11 ·
I got underneath mine cause i was curious...and it says "flowmaster" on the muffler...

But it doesnt really count cause I put it there :LOL: . Its a 70 series. :)

#19 ·
i had a 2008 4.7L with 3 inch from the collector through a high flow cat, then flowmaster 1 in two out 3 inch to duals out the back like a sport, it sounded awesome, with a CAI and superchips cortex, i could almost keep up to the newer hemi's.....now i've got a 2013 hemi crewcab, and i'd never go back, but i did like that truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.