DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4.7L Intake/Exhaust Question

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
2011 dodge ram 1500 4x4 4.7L.

I was thinking of running a moe's performance 78MM throttle body, dual cold air intake [Y pipe off the throttle body and running dual pipes to the grille/front bumper] for induction, (would like to get a Sullivan intake manifold but they don't make it for my truck) and an X pipe after the cats into a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler, all 2.25" piping for the exhaust, and a bully dog tuner.

My question is will it be sucking too much air in for the size exhaust im wanting to use, since they don't make aftermarket headers for my engine? And will it rob me of performance/gas mileage?

Or should I just do a K&N drop in, the tuner, and the exhaust... I'm not wanting to go bigger than 2.25" for the exhaust piping.

#3 ·
You pretty much can never have too big of an intake. The manifold and even moreso the cylinder head ports will be the limiting factor, so going oversized on the intake tubes before the TB won't hurt anything.

Good choice on the exhaust size, as going too large of diameter can decrease power output. dual 2.25" pipes is a pretty good choice with minor mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.