DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Flowmaster Exhaust?????

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dirt dauber 
G
#1 ·
I had a dodge rame a long time ago and I had a 40 series delata flow on in SI/SO... I now am back with another ram 4.7 L and am curious if I should ntry and get the delta flow again but with dual out or if I should go with the super 44. I am looking for the most aggressive sound i can ge tout of the 4.7....

#2 ·
This doesnt answer your question but does that have the MDS? I just put the original 40 series and sounds good until the cylinders drop out and it sounds like crap! Sounds like an oversized ricer! I've been trying to see if the magnafows are just as bad or not. I'm sure other ppl will chime in and let you know.

#5 ·
I have the 40s also and it sounded so stupid when MDS kicked in. I bought a tuner mainly just to disable it. now she purrs like a kitten 100% of the time :smileup:

#3 ·
Just a suggestion - maybe try listening to these on Cherry Bomb's website:

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Categories/mufflers.aspx

They have sound clips for most of their mufflers - I'm currently using an Elite Muffler on my 05 Daytona (it came with a borla muffler but it wasn't just the right sound for me). I do still have the Borla resonator tips on (mini mufflers) so it does quiet mine down some but over the last 4 yrs it seems that the muffler is getting louder (or the tips are getting worn out???). With my E-Cutout closed you can still hear me about 2 - 3 blocks away though if I jump on it.......

#4 ·
I have the 50 Series HD on my 4.7 and love it. Nice and loud and aggressive when you step on it but not too loud driving down the highway to give you a headache. A super 44 will definitely be louder. So if you want to go as loud as possible a super 40, 44, or 10 will be your options.

Check out the Flowmaster American Thunder system. It's a full cat back system with SI/DO and has the option to have side exit or rear exit. I went with the side exit on mine. I personally like the look of it better and wanted something different than the other 95% of the 1500's on the road.

This doesnt answer your question but does that have the MDS? I just put the original 40 series and sounds good until the cylinders drop out and it sounds like crap! Sounds like an oversized ricer! I've been trying to see if the magnafows are just as bad or not. I'm sure other ppl will chime in and let you know.
No, the 4.7's don't have MDS so you don't have to worry about ricer sounds or drone.

#8 ·
I just put a Flowmaster 40 on my 2008 1500 5.7L. I went with the 40 over the super 44 simply because the 40 sounds plenty ballsy with the 5.7L, and I heard the super 44 is a little over the top. With your 4.7L, however, you might actually want the super 44.

As for MDS--my truck has MDS, and you can DEFINITELY notice the MDS once you throw any muffler on that isn't silent like the OEMs. I didn't even know when my MDS was on and off before I put the Flowmaster on--now, I know when it turns on and off every single time. Annoying? Well, kind of. But, I will say it's very interesting to learn when it is activated and deactivated. With being able to hear it, while it is a bit irritating simply because it doesn't sound like a car (it sounds more like low pitch vacuum cleaner), I'm able to learn more about driving more carefully with fuel economy in mind (e.g., the more I concentrate on driving the same speed, the more the MDS is activated, which equates to better fuel economy). I will have you know that it's only been a month, so I might change my opinion as to how irritating it is. In any event, I'm also running a Superchips tuner which allows me to turn my MDS off at any time, so just keep that in mind.

#13 ·
i'm running magnaflow on my 99 5.9 litre
i used to run the series 40 on my mustang gt when i had it but the magnaflow is a lot better in my opinion, it has a deeper throatier tone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.