DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cat Back for 2013 Laramie 4x4

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
Newbie here. Any suggestions for cat back system for 2013 Laramie 4x4 (1500)? Performance? Cost? Fit?

#2 · (Edited)
Really depends on the sound you want to rumble from your beast. There are a lot of good sound clips on here and many, many options to choose from. You may want to post your question here in the exhaust forum specific for your engine, or peruse through it as there is a lot of great info in there.

#3 ·
Since your Laramie already has the dual exhaust you aren't going to gain much by doing a full cat back system. Really all you need to do is a muffler swap and I'd recommend removing the resonators as well. Flowmaster just recently released a retrofit system for the 4th gen Rams with dual exhaust. Magnaflow also has one but I believe it's been rebranded as Mufflex.

As far as performance goes. If you're just planning on swapping out the muffler and nothing else, you aren't going to gain much. For that reason I would base your decision more on sound than anything. Listen to clips and decide what you like and go with that. If you plan on doing some more mods such as an intake, tuner, and putting in an aftermarket Y-pipe then the Magnaflow will be a better choice because of it's straight through design VS the Flowmaster chambered design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.