DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

200K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#289 · (Edited)
So I have an 05 dodge ram and my HVAC control panel(the knobs that control my AC and heat) lights are mostly burnt out so I figured I'd replace those with blue LED and while I'm at it my instrument cluster too :p So my question is what size LEDs do I need to replace the bulbs behind the AC/heat control panel? Are they the same as the ones that are listed for the gauge cluster?

Also, how many LED's are needed to replace the gauge cluster and AC/Heat control panel?

#292 ·
LED Help

I have a 2012 Express, which only has a dome light. I'm wanting to put in an LED to help brighten up the cab. I've never ordered LED's and I'm not sure which one I should get. Cool white is the color I've decided on. Some people are using 4210-CWHP6 lights, will this work in the 2012. I thought the part number was suppose to be 4410.

#294 ·
I have a 2012 Express, which only has a dome light. I'm wanting to put in an LED to help brighten up the cab. I've never ordered LED's and I'm not sure which one I should get. Cool white is the color I've decided on. Some people are using 4210-CWHP6 lights, will this work in the 2012. I thought the part number was suppose to be 4410.
Honestly I don't know if the 4210 works or not but if some have had success with it I would say give it a try. the 4410 is the one that is listed on the front page and I use that in my truck as well without any problems.

Hey everyone. I have a 2002 Ram 2500 (2nd Gen body style) and would like to put some interior LED mods on the truck. I was wondering if anyone had a parts list for this style truck? (I looked through the first couple of pages but couldn't find anything?) If I'm asking a question that has already been answered I appologize.

I'm looking to put blue LED's in the Dome light, Map Lights, and Dash lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you can't find anything about 2ng Gen Ram's send a PM to double0ram as he did a lot of work on his old 2nd Gen and could help you out the best with that :smileup:

#293 ·
2nd Gen Ram

Hey everyone. I have a 2002 Ram 2500 (2nd Gen body style) and would like to put some interior LED mods on the truck. I was wondering if anyone had a parts list for this style truck? (I looked through the first couple of pages but couldn't find anything?) If I'm asking a question that has already been answered I appologize.

I'm looking to put blue LED's in the Dome light, Map Lights, and Dash lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#296 ·
Not trying to be rude but please don't put HID's in your fog lights, the housing is small and isn't designed for them. If you want brighter fog lights go with a 35w Halogen, but if you really want HID go with a 35w in that form as well. :) Also be sure to aim them properly once you install so you're not blinding people. HID's are designed to be used with the "fisheye" looking lenses, some people put them in a regular halogen housing and adjust them and it's ok, but the majority put them in, don't adjust them and blind the oncoming traffic.

#299 ·
If you can't find anything about 2ng Gen Ram's send a PM to double0ram as he did a lot of work on his old 2nd Gen and could help you out the best with that :smileup:[/QUOTE]

I tried to send a PM, but it wouldn't let me since I don't have 25 posts yet..

#314 ·
I did turn mine to a blue LED. It wasnt too hard honestly. Its not plug and play and requires soldering/splicing and some DIY spacing/hole opening. Mine is blue. It is a whatever mod and if i hadnt had the extra LED laying around i wouldnt have bothered doing it.

#315 ·
I don't feel like reading through 32 pages, but what LEDs are used for the interior knobs (Headlight knob, center dash A/C knobs, etc). I like going through superbrightleds for LEDs.

#316 ·
Those require custom soldering onto a board to change the color of. Its not just a plug and play type of change and because of that isnt in the "how to".

There has been a member or two that have changed the colors themselves. I believe it was IronSides that did it? A search should yield results.

#317 ·
Ehhhh, nvm then. I'm not trying to get into all of that. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it

#318 ·
I need some help with some part numbers for interior led's for my map/interior lights in a 02 quad cab. Looks like 2 map lights & 2 interior lights. From what I can see on superbrights the suggested part number doesn't physically look like what I presently have. I popped the map light lens and the front dome light lens and the bulbs don't look the same. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.