DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rough Country 4 inch lift 35's Rubbing WARNING

13K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  DirtyD 
#1 ·
I recently took my truck mudding for the first time after installing the lift and tires. Rough country claimed that the lift would clear 35's with the 4 inch lift but I guess not. The rear passenger side tire rubbed the wheel well causing some damage to the truck paint cracking and chipping and some mangled metal. I don't know what to think about it im a little pissed tho.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
To me....that is what they will point out.
I hate pointing out the bad news...but that is what I believe they will tell you....
Basically your wheels are the in correct offset for their lift

Their site does say 35's but they do also say 5.5" back spacing which I believe is a +10 or there abouts.

Usually 5" backspace will be ok too. But 4.5" brings your wheels out to the point where it lines up with your fenders and does not have the ability to tuck in the wheel well

I hope there is a positive resolution to this though

#10 ·
damn u must have been flexin around hard son...

were u just mudding? u had to have been crawlin over some stuff

#11 ·
That stinks. Pretty sure Rough Country will very politely and professionally tell you to piss up a rope though.

Anytime you do any kind of suspension mod or put bigger tires or different backspaced wheels on, it's up to you to check clearances and bump stop or trim accordingly. It's a good idea to make sure you can't bottom the shocks or over extend the brake lines while you are at it. And with the Ram being coil sprung in the rear, it is just so easy to check with a floor jack during the lift install.

Definitely get some paint back on there ASAP though. Would hate to see rust get a strong foothold on such a nice new truck.

And to avoid it again in the future, if you are keeping the same setup, I'd probably just add some bumpstop.

- DAA

#13 ·
can u post some pics of your set up? are how ur tires look in relation to evrything?

I've messed around in some mud with my 35" at stock height (rear) and had no issues. but I wasn't flexing like crazy...just in mud, not rock crawlin or some shit.

just curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.