DODGE RAM FORUM banner

diablo trinity messing up my transmission

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DUBVRAM 
#1 ·
does anybody know how much money it cost at the dealership to put back my factory tune in i can careless at this point if it voides my warranty on my truck..my trinity i put back my stock tune in but doesint feel stock like the rpms are high n it keep slippin gears mostly at 50-55 just dont drive right anymore id rather be back at a stock anybody know much it would cost

#8 ·
That sounds sh!tty! Sorry to hear that man,.

We should start tracking tranny/Trinity related woes here so we have all the data to make , perhaps, a more informed choice.

Get us up to speed on your mods & which oct tune you favored as well as you driving style.

Thanks,

Var

#11 ·
Did you happen to check for error codes, and clear any that were there?

I ran into some funkyness with my Trinity because of an older software version. In the interim the Diablo Sport tech support asked me to disconnect my battery for 2 minutes to clear things. Once I had returned my stock backup, I disconnected the battery for only a few minutes and all was well. No more loss of speedo, no more poor power steering etc. All fixed!

Maybe try that...

Var

#13 ·
1-Re-install stock tune*
2-* If it will not re install, then install a Diablosport tune, then re install the stocker,
3- Drive the truck for a few miles. Gently.
4-Bring to dealership for service of performance missing
5-Bite the bullet, pay if you must to get it fixed.
5-Sell tuner. Let me know how much ya want for it.

#14 ·
FYI: I had a diablo sport predator canned tune on my 09 Ram. Had an issue with false readings from my oil pressure gauge, not sure if it was r/t the tuner or not. So before I took it back into the dealership I reset the stock tune (or so I thought) just to be safe with the whole voiding the warranty thing. About 5 mins after they took my truck back one of the techs came out and asked if I had a programmer/tuner on it bc part of the computer was "fried". Naturally I told him no, just to reset whatever they needed to do to get it back to factory. So I played dumb and asked one of the service mangers if I had had a different tune on the truck would it void my warranty. He said they didn't necessarily care because I bought my truck from them but he said if I were to take it to another dealership for a similar issue then they would most likely try to void the warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.