DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need Exhaust Advice with headers and CatBack

667 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tyler04Hemi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys thanks for looking... So I have a 2004 1500 with 5.7 hemi and as of right now I have a CAI and a hemifever 91 custom tune. I have pacesetter longtube headers followed by Magnaflow cats, a pacesetter y pipe, and si/so MBRP 20" round muffler on my y-back. Headers are 3 inch out, cats 3 in/out and all piping till tip is 3 inch pipe.

My questions are:
I know exhaust doesn't make the world of difference but could all 3 inch be hurting my performance?

Should I go si/do muffler?

Any advice on switching piping size?

I'd like to keep plenty of low end torque but is there a point in my largish exhaust that's a weak point?

All replies are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

#2 ·
A single 3" system is a touch on the small side. 3.5" would be a better choice for a single system. But it's a truck. If you're happy with the sound and all that I'd say leave it

#3 ·
Not super happy actually lol it don't sound amazing and the lower end torque went kinda down... 8.8 second 0-60 with all that done not sure if that's good for a 3rd gen qcsb or not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.