DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do your MPGS look like?

6K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  the83judge 
#1 ·
I got a 5.2 extended cab 16in wheels 33's i think (275/65/16) magnaflow exhaust (just catback i think, had it when i bought it) regular fram air filter

I drive 60%highway/40%city and im averaging just about 13mpgs.

other than that its all stock.
any mpg mods?

any free mods in general for this truck that are useful?

#2 ·
I have an 06 hemi ...and im getting about 14mpg right now in the winter...my avg usually floats around 15 i do mostly highway. You really have to reset it every time you want your reading. When i do this on the highway im normally floating around 18-20 then city is like 13. You have a CAI and exhaust those will help a little but the best way is watch your right foot.

#3 ·
i have been getting 16 but i dont care about gas millage

#5 ·
My 07 Ram was just purchased and I've now gone through my 2nd "official" tank.
During the first tank my calculation came out to 13.5 mpg doing mostly work commute at 70-75 mph over a 90 mile round trip.

On the second tank I tried to be very conscience of fuel economy and did the same commuting with Cruise Control locked in at 65 mph whenever possible.
That tank calculated out to be 14.7 mpg.

I'm thinking I will just drive the Hemi like a Hemi and fore go the 1 mpg that I save when going easy.

#10 ·
just finished my 3rd tank today and i got 16.3 mpgs! awesome... i drive 60%highway and 40%city. :) i also use lucas fuel treatment, it says to put 3oz for every 10gallons and well half way through that bottle and looks like its helpin,... hopefully those numbers stay high:)

fingers crossed.

#12 ·
I am getting around 11MPG. I took my MDS off and I use my right foot a lot haha. I also have 33's and a CAI, Exhaust and programmer. I think I have to start calming down a bit and try to get that number higher haha

#18 ·
I noticed there isn't an option for, REALLY STINKIN' BAD! But I love my truck and my mods aren't easy on the tank/wallet either! i just have to learn that not EVERYONE wants to race me to the next light! (Even the guy in the Kia Rio). Honestly, probably 12 city/ 14 hwy give or take 10 miles. :LOL:

#22 ·
We should publish a RamForumZ STANDARD MPG calculations procedure so that everyone can compare "apples to apples" re: engines, mods, terrain, driving styles, etc....

#23 ·
I couldn't calculate the last couple of fill ups because my cluster was out for a couple of days and then I had to replace the radiator, but usually I get 13-14 in town, 16-18 over the road. I have a 99 2wd reg short w/ a 5.9. It's got 195k miles w/ K&N drop in air filter and flowmaster catback.

#24 ·
My 2010 Ram 1500 gets 16 on the highway at approx 70. It is a 5.7L. Yesterday I took my 08 Super Bee on a trip and I got 25 mpg going up with the wind and 22 coming home into the wind, based on the EVIC. The car of course is a 6.1L.

#26 ·
Most of my trips are less than 3 miles, so the engine never really gets warmed up. Usually get 8-10. Just got back from Atlanta(1000 miles round trip). Highway started out at 12.5 for the first tank, 13.5 for the second tank, up to 15.5 by the 4th tank. Guess I had a lot of carbon built up that got cleaned out.

I've got a catback exhaust, CAI, and a Superchips programmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.