DODGE RAM FORUM banner

VERY helpful link!

21K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  streetpilot 
#1 ·
http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp

For those of you who do not know about this, this link will let you know if there is any form of recalls on your truck. I was checking if I had a recall for a hood latch... Nope looks like dodge is ignoring that like they are ignoring cracked dashes though mine is not cracked.

To use that link, simply enter the last 8 digits of your VIN and it will let you know!

#9 ·
Well i went to the site and entered the last 8 of my vin and it gave me info for an 05 Dakota 4x4, I checked and double checked, even switched 1's with i's but no luck.
Hmm. That's weird. I wonder if that is a site error. Try it again just to make sure. I wonder if there was a manufacturer error then?

#10 ·
Apparently there is a Safety Recall to Replace Secondary Hood Latch on my truck... does anyone know much about this ??

My search results showed my vin, year, model and the date of the recall issue which is 04/25/2001 and on the same page it shows an "incomplete" beside it. I guess it changes to complete once I bring it to the dealer ??

By the way thanks alot for the link.... I will keep it in mind :smileup:

#12 ·
Link ?

I think the link you posted is to a page with some helpful links. It did not take me directly to the recall page, but there was a link to check your recalls. I will check it out when I get home. I do not have my vin with me. I have not gotten my new insurance cards yet.
:smileup:
Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.