DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#3,196 · (Edited)
vlkwagen
VON/VIN: ES304241
Est Build: 3/18/2014
Est Ship: 3/20/2014

Joe Kool
VON/VIN: ES303866
Est Build: 3/17/2014
Est Ship: 3/18/2014

Almost the same truck! Except mine is a Hemi, same stage (inspection) as of today. I wonder who will be hitting the push button start first?
Hemi vs Ecodiesel :Racing:

#3,256 ·
Done. Next week!

Don't the new vehicles go through 2 inspections
First when they are finished at the Warren Assembly Plant, then again when they return from Ground Effects, Argus, or Fenkell to be shipped out ?

Warren Assembly Plant
21500 Mound Road , Warren , Michigan

Ground Effects Ltd
1990 Concept Dr Warren, Michigan

Argus Corporation – Taylor
15600 Huron St.
Taylor MI, 48180
30 mile drive from Warren

Fenkell Automotive Services
Warren, Mi.
you hope your new vehicle does not stop here
damage repair
It's pretty much a continuous inspection from rolling off the line to the dealer. It gets an official inspection and shakedown once it rolls off the line (I status), then is visually checked in the yard and every time it is moved from that point until it rolls off the truck. At that point, the dealer does a pre-delivery inspection which is the last time it is gone over before it reaches your hands.

If something happens along the way or something wrong is detected, there are processes and procedures in place to get it back to factory specs. Fenkell is about the next best thing to the actual factory.

This is my wife's truck which she said she will let me use some,lol! We already washed,clay bar, sealant, tinted windows, and installed catch can, just in the first day. Plan on adding amp steps tomorrow. Still waiting for bilstein shocks to come off back order. Her new black wheels and open country a/t 2 are in the garage waiting . The pic is right from dealer to the tint shop about to have the tint installed. She loves this truck so far. Thanks again.
Here's a quick pic!!
I don't own a camera just a cell phone.
Better then Nothing I guess
My new 3500 is finally in the driveway. Wow is it nice. So far I have only driven it home but I love it, it so so advanced compared to my last truck (2006 Chevy 2500 diesel). I got lucky with my dealer also, they did a great job in all areas except keeping me up to date on the status of my truck, SPP was awesome there - I was really lucky to find this site and his updates!

SPP thanks for placing me on the tracking list, it made the wait much less painful! You can remove me from the tracking list!
:woohoo:

Glad all of you received your trucks. And you posted pics!

#3,204 ·
Don't the new vehicles go through 2 inspections
First when they are finished at the Warren Assembly Plant, then again when they return from Ground Effects, Argus, or Fenkell to be shipped out ?

Warren Assembly Plant
21500 Mound Road , Warren , Michigan

Ground Effects Ltd
1990 Concept Dr Warren, Michigan

Argus Corporation – Taylor
15600 Huron St.
Taylor MI, 48180
30 mile drive from Warren

Fenkell Automotive Services
Warren, Mi.
you hope your new vehicle does not stop here
damage repair

#3,206 ·
This is my wife's truck which she said she will let me use some,lol! We already washed,clay bar, sealant, tinted windows, and installed catch can, just in the first day. Plan on adding amp steps tomorrow. Still waiting for bilstein shocks to come off back order. Her new black wheels and open country a/t 2 are in the garage waiting . The pic is right from dealer to the tint shop about to have the tint installed. She loves this truck so far. Thanks again.

Attachments

#3,207 ·
Buckfat
On this site, you can thank SPP by going to where SPP last posted,
Where you see his name, click the scale icon over on the right upper corner & follow the prompts.
That is the way we have to thank someone online for their help
Beer money is a good idea though :)

#3,210 · (Edited)
New truck is home!!!

My new 3500 is finally in the driveway. Wow is it nice. So far I have only driven it home but I love it, it so so advanced compared to my last truck (2006 Chevy 2500 diesel). I got lucky with my dealer also, they did a great job in all areas except keeping me up to date on the status of my truck, SPP was awesome there - I was really lucky to find this site and his updates!

SPP thanks for placing me on the tracking list, it made the wait much less painful! You can remove me from the tracking list!

Attachments

#3,212 ·
SPP,

Blackhawk13
VON/VIN: ES276389
Est Build: 2/22/2014
Est Ship: 2/24/2014
Currently: Delivered

Thanks for all you do! My truck was delivered to the dealer this past Monday (St. Patrick's Day!). Unfortunately, I won't be able to go see it and pick it up until the 29th (my schedule not dealer's). When I pick it up I will be sure and post pictures! Your help is invaluable! Thanks again!

#3,213 ·
Finally delivered !!!

SPP, dealer called today to say my truck arrived. I can't wait until tomorrow morning! Thanks for keeping me updated. I've checked every morning to see the most recent updates. Please take me off of your list. It has been well worth the anticipation. I'll post pictures after I get it home. Thanks again and good luck to everyone else patiently waiting. It's worth the wait! SBR

#3,214 ·
nice to see all of the deliveries happening - I know many have been anticipating the delivery of their truck as bad as I was.

spp - thanks again for all of the insight you provide in the ordering process. if RAM put a full-time person on what you do, the ROI in customer relations would be incalculable.

#3,218 ·
Anyone know when the next gen Ram HD's are coming out? This may not be 100% on topic but I'm just curious. Haven't received my new one yet, but just planning on the one after. Was considering trading mine off next year and getting a Cummins because at the time of order I was a tighta$$ and decided not to get it. Question is should I wait for the next ones or just go for it?

#3,225 ·
Just guessing
but i believe you agreed to lock in certain incentives & or discounts with the salesman when you signed the paperwork. They should be bound by that agreement, unless there were better deals happening when you take delivery

#3,229 ·
Thanks! It was just delivered earlier today. The side steps are the black mopar ones so they will install them along with the spray in liner on monday!

Congratulations Jacks. I took a quick look at my dealer today but didn't see anything without chrome. Guess a bit more patience is required.
Thanks! The only reason I knew it was there was I called my salesman to ask lol!

G
#3,235 ·
The 1st one I ordered I didn't put anything down, with no obligation to buy. Dealer ordered the wrong options so I cancelled. The second dealer required a $500 non-refundable deposit.
Only way I'd back out is if the the AF said…"surprise you're going to Japan".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.