DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#2,769 ·
Question about timing

Hi all

Just curious, I have been waiting 3 weeks for my VIN. I am still all question marks in SPP's list. Nothing special about my truck...just an SLT with the options I want.

How long do I give me dealer before I start to put the screws to them? :box2:

I don't understand the process fully, and I would like to try to keep this from dragging out too long. If they have done something stupid I would like to fix it earlier rather then later.

Thanks!

#2,820 ·
Hi all

Just curious, I have been waiting 3 weeks for my VIN. I am still all question marks in SPP's list. Nothing special about my truck...just an SLT with the options I want.

How long do I give me dealer before I start to put the screws to them? :box2:

I don't understand the process fully, and I would like to try to keep this from dragging out too long. If they have done something stupid I would like to fix it earlier rather then later.

Thanks!
So I asked my dealer for straight up if he had allotment when I ordered my truck and if no, does he have allotment now.

Response was: I am busy today I will get back to you tomorrow.

:LOL: I think I have my answer. :LOL:

#2,770 ·
I was wondering the same thing. It has only been 10 days since I ordered mine. I hate to bug the dealer already but would also correct any possible problems if there are any.
Dr. Honda ordered same day as me and he has moved to C status. I think I will give it a few more days then call.

#2,772 ·
You can always head to the dealer and confirm your order is in BX status (and get a Priced Order Confirmation printed as well). BX is the path to C, D, and a built truck. If it is in any other status, that's not good.[/QUOTE]

Mine has been in BX since Feb 17, the day it was ordered. I guess I can't direct post the image they sent me, but that is what it says.

I am worried about allocation. My (limited) understanding is that the dealership has a say in the priority that it gets sent in with.

I like your idea about the order sheet, maybe it will shed some light on the subject.

#2,783 ·
:4-dontknow: Confused. Customer service shows the truck supposed to be into the dealership today and told me to call them to see if it was in or what their schedule shows for the arrival as it is to be in today. So called the dealership and they said they don't even show that it has been off loaded from the train in Minnesota. :eek:mg9hi:no one seems to know what is going on.

#2,784 · (Edited)
CS is correct. It is supposed to be delivered today per the schedule. The schedule is a bit...off.

It was offloaded on 3/6 and is in the destination yard.

(We all look at the same darn systems, it's amazing we can come to different conclusions reading "Current Status: Unloaded From Railcar")

#2,788 ·
If a dealer allotment would keep a customer order from going in... that's kind of crappy. but yes, it's a bigger (high volume) dealer.

Do I need to go in and raise heck with them, to get the order pushed in? I did have my VON when I left the day I ordered the truck though.

#2,789 ·
If they hit their allotment there are only two ways around it. 1) Their Chrysler rep has to put the order in for them. (Which they did in my case) 2) Cancel the order find a smaller dealer that has an allotment.

I think the allotment resets every month on the 7th could be mistaken SPP might be able to clarify.

My dealer did not want to tell me what the issue was almost two weeks into it they came clean and told me that was my issue.

#2,790 · (Edited)
Just for the hell of it, i went Friday to the local high volume dealership that i use

A snotty salesman tried to stop me from driving onto the sales lot, heheh
I asked him sort of politely when & or if the 1500 eco diesels were coming in or had come in.
He hem & hawed a bit & said that they had just had a meeting & that they had been told that none of them would come in until April

I find that funny
of the 8,000 eco diesels built in February, 1,000 were going directly to dealers stock, the others were customer factory orders.
The Factory released them for shipping February 27th, the first of the 8,000 were expected to be delivered within 8 days.

If you do simple figuring, that would mean something like 15 eco diesel Rams of the dealerships 1,000 should go to each of the lower 48 States, of course Rhode Island & States up in the Plains area likely would not get that many.
Then there are the 7,000 Special Order eco diesels going to the dealerships as Sold Orders.
How could a high volume dealership in the Lower 48 States & up in Canada not be receiving at least 1 Eco Diesel by next weekend ? Mother Nature is even co-operating !!

Another 8,000 Eco Diesels will be built in this month of March

#2,791 ·
The 8,000 figure was the normal production figures. I think Chrysler has already said or hinted at they are going to ramp up production since the demand is higher than expected.

Some of the ED trucks are already in route to the dealers.

#2,792 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Ordered mine on Feb. 27. NO VIN or VON yet from dealer.

However, dealership called today to inform me that Chrysler are advising them that orders of trucks with air suspension *may* be delayed due to supply having a hard time supplying enough air suspension parts vs demand.

He said to me the delay might be 1-2 weeks, up to a maximum of 1-month delay. If I find this unacceptable, I can convert to a regular suspension. I declined converting my order to a regular suspension. One of the key reasons that made me choose a Ram over a F-150 or a Sierra/Silverado was the availability of air suspension, so I'm not about to change my mind on this.

Anyway, I'm hoping enough other clients WILL change their minds, leaving more parts to clients like me so that no delay will happen :smileup:

#2,793 ·
Hi guys,

Ordered mine on Feb. 27. NO VIN or VON yet from dealer.

However, dealership called today to inform me that Chrysler are advising them that orders of trucks with air suspension *may* be delayed due to supply having a hard time supplying enough air suspension parts vs demand.

He said to me the delay might be 1-2 weeks, up to a maximum of 1-month delay. If I find this unacceptable, I can convert to a regular suspension. I declined converting my order to a regular suspension. One of the key reasons that made me choose a Ram over a F-150 or a Sierra/Silverado was the availability of air suspension, so I'm not about to change my mind on this.

Anyway, I'm hoping enough other clients WILL change their minds, leaving more parts to clients like me so that no delay will happen :smileup:
I had a situation much like yours with a small/med dealership.1st,I got tiered of waiting for the EcoD to be released so I ordered(I thought)a Hemi on the 1st of Feb and put down $1000 deposit.They know me and knew I was serious.After realizing what I really wanted was the diesel,I called the dealer on the 6th to change my order.He hadn't even submitted the Hemi yet,so it was no problem.On the 7th,the EcoD became available so He ordered it(I thought)On the 15th,I added the convienence pkg.no problem,still not ordered.I stoped on the 19th,not ordered but would be tomorrow.I called on the 22nd,nope not yet.I gave up and decided to let him call me.On the 1st of March he called to tell me the truck had finally been ordered.I figured there was an allocation issue?So I finally got a VON on Monday the 3rd.The reason for this long story is until the order is actually submitted,no VON is generated.Maybe they are stringing you along til they can submitt your order.Maybe it's time to have a no BS talk with him.Also I did order the air ride and so far haven't been told there's any issue with it?

#2,795 ·
Thats the thing that makes me wonder if the order has been submitted.It was my understanding from some posts earlier in this thread,maybe 2 weeks ago that as soon as the order is submitted,a VON is generated and you could actually get it from the dealer right then.(sorry I didn't think to look it up before replying).A week after I thought my truck had been ordered,I requested the VON and thats when my salesman came clean and told me the truck hadn't been ordered.He gave me a few poor excuses.I didn't press him much as he's a good old fella and I knew it wasn't his fault.I knew it would work out and it did,with time.

#2,798 ·
SPP Thanks for the updates. I ordered a 2500 with rear air suspension and it has been sitting in 100% final inspection and storage for 31 days. Does anyone know how long this 100% inspection is supposed to take?

I called my dealer and they called their Ram rep to figure out why this truck is on hold. The Ram regional rep told them there is a nation wide shortage of rail cars (due to extreme winter weather) and that all shipments were delayed 4-6 weeks. I was originally promised to get the truck by the end of February. Now I am just hoping to get this vehicle some time in April.

#2,799 ·
Wow, I ordered my truck on Feb 05, got my notification on the 17th saying they accepted my build, and if ordered the air suspension on my 2500 Laramie. Hoping I'm not going to have a long wait time??? I did get my VON today and the update stated I was in que fir build, so I have a vin and frame I'm told by my dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.