DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#502 ·
Delivered!

Sorry you are not doing so well. We took our new 20" Sport wheels and tires to switch to the dealer today and saw our truck in the shop They will not have it ready to go until tomorrow noon (8 October) but it is here at last!. It was exactly 31 days from original order to delivery so Mexico must do a good job. Now we need to try to sell the 22" donuts.

#504 ·
We still show shipping on the VOTS and we never received an email but the truck was in the local rail yard Friday and we are picking it up today, 8 October. Ram told me 8 October and it was at the dealer on 7 October. The dealer told us 12 October last week so you just have to keep playing along.

#505 ·
What organization. Mine had estimated ship Sept 26. Ordered Aug 27 and as of 7 OCT (6 weeks) VOTS and a call to CS show Production Scheduled and the ship date is still last week. You would think that when the "estimated" ship date is missed at least they could come up with another WAG - wild guess. I must have ordered one mamajama truck! It took them 7 weeks to get a replacement transmission to the shop, guess its that long for one to get to the plant too. ed

#509 ·
My truck got pushed back another week, estimated delivery is now 10/18/13. This is getting stupid, I have a $500 bonus cash that expires on 10/19/2013. I bet it will get pushed back even more and I won't get the $500 incentive.

I live in WI and the truck is on a rail car in Ohio. Wish my dealer could drive down there with a hauler and pick it up.

#511 ·
I know how you feel Matt.. I had a $500 incentive that expired at the end of September... It's like they're teasing people that have ordered... They send us these incentives that we can't use because they didn't deliver...

BTW, my truck got off loaded from the rail car, just after 3pm ET. I'm hoping they can get it on a carrier tomorrow and get it delivered.. I'd love to have my truck for the weekend...

#510 ·
I ordered my truck on 9/28. This morning, 10/9, an email appeared in my inbox from Ram. My truck now has a VIN and the status is "Production Scheduled". There is no date, I guess it could be two days or two months until production actually happens.

#513 ·
Yup... My dealer is giving me the updates... If your sales rep isn't providing the info to you, just ask someone else there. Most all the sales reps have access to tracking info. Some just don't know how to access them. Oh... When I call the dealer, I just ask the front desk person to transfer me to the general manager or anyone that can give me a order status of my order. They usually transfer me to the fleet manager.

#514 ·
I checked vots this morning and still in production scheduled 6 weeks now. Called CS and the girl told me there isn't an estimated ship date now. I told her it WAS sept 26th last week, guess they dropped the build. Called the GM of the dealership and he gave me the guy who ordered the truck. He said it still shows ship date sept 26 yet CS shows none, and it showed a delay last week but didn't know why - glad they jumped right on it!!! ISP is supposed to be involved and the dealer said that should have expedited it. NOT! So they'll give me a call back after they check into it. the more I don't want to check on it the more I do.. And the more it seems I should just keep the 13 I have. I get what, newer model with coil springs and a transmission that was factory installed. Sure had bad omens since I traded my 11 crew Laramie for this Laramie longhorn mega. Sure envy y'all who get yours though. Ya know, if they were even close at all with their guesstimates it wouldn't be so aggravating but it seems no one has any idea what's happening.

#515 ·
semlohde,

I think when CS told you there was not estimated ship date, they were feeding you BS because the estimated date had passed.... Why do I think this, you ask? It's because it's happened to me... I get one rep that says it's not there, I call back and the next rep tells me "No new estimated date is there, and that it's still showing the old date that passed."

The info you get from Ram CS depends on the rep.. Some of those reps are just down right liars, or they don't have access to some systems that other reps have access to.

I had one rep give me the estimated delivery date to the dealer, but when I told her I was looking for the last scanned location, she tells me they can't give out estimated dates... I'm like what are you talking about? I asked for the last known location, not an estimated date or time ... you gave me an estimated date and then tell me you can't give out estimates... Sheesh!! Some of those reps are ______!

#517 ·
This "Flag" thing is a new one on me.. AFAIK, they're all going to be delivered to the dealer. The speed depends on how many vehicles that need to be delivered to the area, where your dealer is located.. One might go toyour dealer, 2 to another, 1 to another, etc....

As for the "Flag" thing, I asked my dealer, a few days ago, about speeding up delivery to the dealer. I was told that they can't "speed" it up, but they can go pick it up. There is a catch to picking it up... They have to get their regional reps approval and take their gate card. He stated going though the process might take just as long, or longer, to get it out of the rail yard because the approval process.

Good Luck to you!!

#518 ·
spoke with my dealership today, they told me if the truck arrives after the 19th they will still honor my $500 incentive. That is awesome, I can't say enough about how good this buying process has been through me. If anyone is in South Eastern Wisconsin, go to Lynch Chrysler in East Troy WI, Go see a guy named Dan Caudill.

#521 ·
I'm concerned about the US financial situation and if it gets worse the banks might tighten up their loans. Happened to me 6 years ago buying a trailer. ISG is handling my truck trade and as time goes I also fear an increase in the MSRP that I have to pay the difference from the 13 to 14. Since I already am financed I could just keep my 13 truck if it gets too much. Sure hope no one has any snafu's. I was told ISG would handle all the paperwork changes so I'm expecting the same payments. Oct 22 is my 8 weeks.

#525 ·
G8toRam - "the wait will be worth it" --- my build has been delayed for parts and the red has been licked off my candy. Bad transmission, 7 weeks to get one in, and now my new build status was backed up. Chrysler satisfaction?? 1st truck bad, 2nd truck pulled for parts. Enjoy your truck though. My estimated ship date was sept 26 and they haven't updated it.

CrabJoe - yours started in January!!! Mine started only in July and I'm certified nuts! Enjoy - it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.