DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#2 ·
I'm in D1 too, this is what CS told me:

According to our resources your 2014 RAM 1500 SLT is in the status of "Gateline Schedule". All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received. Your vehicle should now progress through the scheduling process and on to the build process.

#3 ·
My 2013 order was in D1 status for almost 3 months, until it finally started getting built this week. As of this morning, it is in final inspection.

So, unless they are building 2013's and 2014's at the same time at the Warren plan (who knows?), I would just purely guess that production of 14's has not started yet.

FWIW... From following the forum here, sitting in D1 for for a month, two months or more seems to have been pretty common - at least a few guys were in D1 for over 4 months. Hopefully the 14's move a little bit faster for you guys.

- DAA

#4 ·
In years past, D1 meant your build was going to happen any day... Usually within a week... They have a projected build date.... These days, it doesn't seem to mean squat!

I had a '13 on order and it made it to D1, then it moved back to D then to C back to D then C again and so on and so forth, while missing multiple scheduled build dates... After a few months of that, I cancelled my order.....

Last time, I ordered before they had started production... I'm looking to order a 14MY now, but I'm thinking I need to wait till production starts... That'll give me an idea of any options that might push a build back.... and I can order accordingly.... possibly waiting even longer to order, which would allow more time for possibly better rebates too....

#5 ·
I ordered 7/4 Sport CC w/ Air Sus. CS told me this:

I see that your order has passed edit, has been accepted within the
system and the order will be scheduled for build once there is
allocation. Having allocation means that there is room in the schedule
for the order.

Once your vehicle has been scheduled and has been assigned a VIN, you
will receive the next email with updates and you will have access to
VOTS.

#6 · (Edited)
Allocation my foot! Allocations are assigned to dealers. That's why if a dealer's allocation, on a given vehicle, is say 30, and they try to order #31, they can't do it... They have to wait till the following month to submit that extra order and it'll count towards that next months allocation.

It's more like they're waiting on parts, since sold orders go to the front of the line, if parts are available...

#8 ·
once the Frame is placed on the track & enters the building
they already have several of your color in pieces & they are in the drying booth

At the Warren Assembly Plant, they may be running blue crew cab 4X4s in the morning & red ones that afternoon & silver ones that night
they may do this for a week, then change over to 2 wheel drive Rams & run through the colors
Then they might change over to quad cabs & do the same thing all over again

Mean while down in Saltillo Mexico
they likely start with Regualar Cabs, then 2500s, 3500s, 4500s, 5500s

you just have to wait your turn in either assembly line
Meanwhile hoping that you don't get picked for the dreaded 100% Final Inspection & at the same time have a lot of add-ons, like sun roof, air suspension, nerf bars, spray in liner, etc
The assembly line does not put on the Add-Ons, they are sent to an outside Vendor for those & after they are installed, the Ram goes back to the assembly plant for Final Inspection
Then hopefully it goes right out for Shipping & Delivery :)

#28 ·
I spoke to cs this afternoon and was told there are no 2014 crew cabs being built yet. The only estimate she would give me is they will not start ariving at dealers until the end of the third quarter. She said they are still building 2013s. I explained in my situation that would be four months and she replied" sir I have customers that wait alot longer than that" as she chuckled

#30 ·
For what it is worth, I ordered a 14 CC yesterday and the dealer said that they have started production on the 14s and he expected delivery mid-September (6 weeks from order). He said several times that this was the best time to make an order...of course anything a dealer says I take with a grain of salt.

I hope he is right, but who knows?

#32 ·
Got an email from order tracking this morning, clicked the VOTS link, and woohoo, I'm in Final Inspection! Which is strange because the email with the link said they had just started building my vehicle. Anyway, I'll take it!

I haven't heard from my dealer yet as to my request Friday for a status update.

#33 ·
I got the email about 10 minutes after my post. They always seem to come at 6:30am Mountain time like they just kick them off once per day. So VOTS had paint before the frame email came. I would guess I'll see Final Inspection by end of day, or tomorrow morning.

#34 · (Edited)
your dealer should have explained that minimum delivery time from order to delivery is at least 8 weeks

IF they did start building the first 2014 Ram July 22, 2013, as planned
the first one off the assembly line won't be delivered until September 22, 2013

don't get your panties in a bunch, over what the dealership & the Reps tell you at this point
I will advise that you check your email once a week for updates
checking every day is just torture, ask the members that ordered the 2013s

here is a site to check out, they are usually close to correct on what is going on
http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

#35 ·
I will advise that you check your email once a week for updates
checking every day is just torture, ask the members that ordered the 2013s

I check my email daily, but that's because it's my email and checking it is what you do, not looking for VOTS updates - which never came anyway - have only rec'd a grand total of two emails in the months now since ordering - one right after ordering and another announcing Trim - truck has since progressed to Final Inspection but "Trim" was the only email I got.

Now that my truck has been in final inspection for almost two weeks, I find myself checking the VOTS site every day though, hoping to find my truck has shipped. But of course it hasn't...

All I can say, is this truck BETTER NOT suck... My '08 CTD kinda sucked, but I bought it off the lot for a killer deal with no muss and no fuss.

- DAA

#37 ·
I think I'm the only one talking about a '13.

And... Just checked, and it has finally shipped. Prolly take two weeks to get here... Which would put it arriving AFTER I leave for my 7 day bowhunt, which this truck was supposed to be what I was going to be driving for that trip...

Anyway, my '13 is finally on it's way, so I'll be bowing out of this stuff here on the '14 forum. Hope it all goes MUCH better for you guys!

- DAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.