DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Black Headlights!

4K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
Saturday I installed a set of black headlights that I got for my birthday. I like to show off what I work hard to pay for and I know everyone likes pictures, so here ya go! Tell me what you guys think and thanks for looking!!

If anyone is interested in getting a set of black headlights like these, I can post the link to them; I got mine off eBay.

See less See more
Reactions: Canadian Hemi Pride
#4 ·
Please post link.. I want.. And do they have anything about not using HIDS?

Looks awesome :D
post link they look sweet
Thanks guys! :) Here are the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-08-Dodge...YxkBuzIEg2SlBP7LR6xFI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The seller has relisted them for a lot more than what I payed, but other sellers have them on eBay for around $135 for the pair.

Canadian Hemi Pride, I don't think the listing said anything about hid's but I do have hid's in them right now. They were super loose (anything aftermarket is hardly ever a perfect fit) so I used a couple o-rings to fill the gap and tighten them.

#7 ·
Thanks TonyG :smileup:

#8 ·
Gantman, I appreciate the compliment!

#12 ·
Thanks! Yeah, they contribute to the all black look, which will hopefully be accomplished one day...

Tony G's looks kinda cool. The first poster I just don't see any difference than stock lights. What am I missing?
I agree, TonyG has a sharp truck. The stock lights are chrome, mine are now black; that is the difference...

#13 ·
Damn thats a nice truck!!!

Rims and mirrors are sexy too!!!
Thanks shawnu!! Just got the wheels maybe a month ago.. I'm very happy with the look they gave me..

#15 ·
Thanks Chunkem.

#19 ·
$130 for the set really isn't bad at all, especially when they come as a present lol. They would look good on your truck since you have blacked everything else out :smileup:

I like them, I want to go darker but already can't stand the visibility with my factory ones. I upgraded the bulbs to 55watt HID, looks clean and bright when I look at them but poor visibility when I am driving. (& yes I have adjusted them up and down).

What bulbs are you running?
I do wish they were darker instead of so flat, like closer to the color of my truck, but they look better than the chrome stocks. I have 6000K HID headlights and fog lights. I got them off eBay; I think the brand is Innovited. My visibility is great, and on high beams they seem to be brighter than with the stock chrome headlights; I don't see how, but maybe it's just my imagination :4-dontknow:

Ahh gotcha. Inside the lens cover is a chrome background. Never noticed that on any of my dodges. I need to pay better attention. :doh:
There ya go! I think it is very noticeable and the black headlights changed the look of my truck for the better!!

#17 ·
I like them, I want to go darker but already can't stand the visibility with my factory ones. I upgraded the bulbs to 55watt HID, looks clean and bright when I look at them but poor visibility when I am driving. (& yes I have adjusted them up and down).

What bulbs are you running?

Tony G what did you install? How is your visibility?

#20 ·
So after having these headlights on my truck a couple days, I noticed that they fill with moisture and become foggy. I emailed the company I got them from and they told me to silicone the edges (I guess the seal) and that should fix it. Anyone ever had this problem? If so, what'd you do to fix it?

#21 ·
All of my friends who have purchased aftermarket, espeicially ebay headlights have all had this issue. It is always recommended to silicone the edges for a proper seal because they do come with a crap seal.. My one friends dakota actually had about 2 inches of water in it at 1 point. Was planning on buying a goldfish for it :LOL:

#29 ·
Haven't had a chance to silicone them yet. I'm at school right now in between classes :smiledown:... I will prolly be able to do it tomoro night. If they still fill with moisture, I sure hope they'll take 'em back. I'll post an update prolly next week.

#30 ·
UPDATE:

So I had my dad silicone the headlights while I was at work last Thursday and it seemed to have done the job; I haven't noticed any moisture in them or becoming foggy. But now there's another problem. When he siliconed them, he squirted it to far up from the bottom, so you can see the milkly looking silicone along the bottom of the lens maybe an inch high. What would be the easiest way to cover that up? Or is there an easy way??

#31 ·
BUMP

Anyone have any ideas for covering up the silicone behind the lens?? Any help is appreciated!!!

#33 ·
If I remember I'll get a couple in the morning...

#35 ·
Sorry for the delay, but here are some visuals of the silicone behind the headlight lens; both headlights are like this...

#36 ·
Bump to the top

Anyone have any ideas for covering up the silicone behind the lens???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.