DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hell Bent leveling kit's????

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Crawler Hauler 
#1 ·
Hi, My first Post:smileup:
Has anyone bought these kits and have any comments or suggestions??? http://hellbentsteel.com/ They seem like a descent kit!!! If a guy does level the truck, Do you need a wheel alignment, does 2-2.5 inches really affect it.???

Thanks ,
CapperRAM

#5 ·
I have them on my truck. They havent been a problem. You might want to read up on the death wobble issue first before you install them. I have it BAD!!! Just popped up and signs are pointing towards the leveling kit. I got it realigned and all was good until last week.

#7 ·
I doubt that the death wobble is coming from the leveling kit, though it might be making it worse.

I would bet that your death wobble is coming from a worn tie rod end. That's if it is death wobble and not bump steer. There is a difference. Google it and search YouTube for videos of each.

Once you know that you have death wobble and not bump steer, do a dry steer test. Again, go to Google and YouTube to learn how to do this.

#6 ·
My only concern is the steel on steel that you will get from HBS.

Daystar is popular because theirs are encased in urethane. From their website:

•No Metal-On-Metal Contact - Daystar uses Polyurethane material in its Leveling Kits for a reason: It's an insulator. It absorbs the Noise, Vibration, and Harmonics (NVH) that come from the suspension and avoids transmitting them to the passenger compartment. All competitors use steel or aluminum in their Leveling Kits. If you were to take apart any factory suspension, you are going to find rubber, polyurethane, and often both in a typical suspension. These pieces are there for a reason; they absorb the NVH. Sure, steel makes a great hammer, but would you want to ride on it?

Good points. Note that Daystar is not the only company making them this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.