DODGE RAM FORUM banner

light options

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CovertRam 
#1 ·
hello everyone, i hate to beat a dead horse, but i do a ton of night time driving and i need better lights... there are a ton of moose where i live and i really dont wanna hit one... soo other than hid and the mopar light kits what other options do i have? i really do not want to put a bull bar on my truck... i was thinking of putting lights inside the grill .... any thoughts and ideas would be great !!!! thanks

#2 ·
I bought and installed a set of PIAA 520XT driving lights in behind my grille. They are nice, and look cool.. but for the money, I can't say that they illuminate a whole lot more of the road or are as amazing as I was hoping. NOW if I were to install a set of HIDS in them... maaaaaybe they would be killer? Hmm...

#6 ·
I have a couple pairs of Lightforce 170s and they are great. I do most of my long distance driving at night and I don't think I could do it without them. Mine are on a lightbar I made, but I'm pretty sure you could fit 2 behind the grill if you wanted to.

#7 ·
If you don't want to put a bull bar on, then I think you're next best option would be some sort of light bar. Someone else was looking for a light bar for the 4th gens.. I've posted the link to that thread below.

I haven't looked closely, but I don't think that lights behind the grill would do you much good on a 4th gen, as the grill isn't as wide open as it was on previous gens.

http:
//www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63832

good luck and let and keep us updated

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.