DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Shudder

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RootBeer 
#1 ·
I noticed that after buying my 07 5.7 QC 4x2 Big Horn that at slow speeds when it hits OD sometimes it shudders a little. I didn't feel this to be a big deal similar to getting into 6th gear on a manual car at too low of a speed. I towed by boat today for the first time and noticed the truck shaking pretty bad I thought maybe it was the tires on the boat trailer since they've been sitting for a long time but I felt it more in the steering wheel than the body. After a while it went away. I had to slow down on the highway and noticed it came back again I floored it to get it to go away this time. I did kick it down to get the torque converter to unlock and it was still doing it so I don't think it's a TC lock up issue. Anybody heard of shudder issues with their dodges?

#3 ·
Im having a very similar problem in my 07 1500 SLT 4x4 QC Hemi. Only had the truck a month and the dealer seems to think its nothing. It has me confused because when it starts to do it and you let off throttle completely the vibration is still there. Otherwise, your description is dead on to what Im seeing so Id also like any input on the problem?

#6 ·
Just an update.. My truck has gotten worse. The truck has a constant shudder or bounce now that gets worse in turns. Dealer says its normal due to no weight on rear of truck. Loaded my quad up to check their theory.. same reuslts and possibly worse with weight. My truck is more in body than steering wheel now. Pulled cover off rear and found large amount of metal shavings on magnet and in oil. Ring gear and pinion seem like normal wear but limited slip gears are worn badly and seem sloppy. Wandering now if this isnt causing my problem. Dealer is going to put different wheels and tires on the truck for me to test drive to rule bad tire or rim out. Just some input for you to think about on yours.

#7 ·
With what you found in the differential, I'd suggest telling the dealer to skip the tires and take a look at it and the trans.

#8 ·
I agree but I did have the dealer put different wheels and tires on rear of the truck.. same result possibly worse. The truck is now out of the warranty as of today and the dealer still is pushing the fact that it is has to be a bad tire or bent rim which I dont disagree on just yet but they blew off the rear end issue I brought up... Dealer basically told me to deal with it so now Im on my own to find it. Another thing that keeps me coming back to rear end is the fact that when I bought the truck 2 months ago, the rear end wanted to slide and spin posi all over the place in the rain... Now it will only spin one wheel no matter what I do.

#9 ·
Still say you have rear end problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.