DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect Question, Low battery / garbled sound.

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Chili1K 
#1 ·
Ok this is been bothering me a little. My phone is fully charged. however it keeps telling me when I place a call "Phone battery low, calling!" Then it rings and sounds garbled.

I want to say about 50% of my calls are garbled.

1) Is there a way to recalibrate the battery indicator between my phone and uconnect?

2) When the phone is garbled is that part of the battery issue turning down the reception power or something? And / Or : How do you fix it?

3) who else is having this issue?

Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
Software updates frequently since its done through I-tunes.

I tried to check the phone list it... the file in the link said it was corrupt and wouldnt open. I have the Iphone 3gs. it should be compatable since the truck has a ipod iphone cord.

#4 ·
The iphone 3 is compatible.

One more thing, are you keeping the phone in your pocket or out in the open? If its in your pocket, that will cause a weak signal to the cell network as well as it could cause a weak signal to the Uconnect.

Forgot to mention that one.

#6 ·
You're right, the bluetooth has the range. The thing nobody takes into account is all the electronic interference in the trucks. While it may not interfere with the bluetooth, it could very well interfere with the cell signal.

I have to have mine sitting on my console to get signal that doesn't break up. When I'm looking at my radio it shows the phone on the bottom with blue bars for signal. Are you getting a full set or a somewhat diminished amount of signal.

#7 ·
On the cell phone icon on the radio it shows 0-2 bars for the battery, but i haven't noticed the signal difference changing at all...

tomorrow ill try placing the phone in the tray above the radio.. we will see the results tomorrow

Thanks man!

#9 ·
Go to the dealer and see if there's an update for your Uconnect that has not been done. Other than that, I have no idea.

#10 ·
when i went into the dodge uconnect iphone on the internet, there were issues, a notation with complaints
but, i went to AT&T & they told me that if you have bluetooth, they should be no issues, he was so full of it his eyes were dark brown

#11 ·
I have a blackberry, although my reception is never garbled, the uconnect does show a lower battery power than what it says on my phone unless it is plugged in to a charger with full battery already. I think it may just be a flaw in the system.

#13 ·
Now that I think about it, my Uconnect rarely shows a fully charged battery too. I just ignore it as long as I know my phone's been charged. I also have a mobile charger to plug in the phone if I need to. :D

#14 ·
That sounds like a phone issue to me
The truck only knows what the phone is telling it
Does your phone have good battery life?
Do you have a different app that shows your battery life?
Does it work properly with a Bluetooth headset?
And I wonder if you should try asking this question on an iPhone forum
It sounds like the phone is limiting transmission strength due to a low battery, could be a software glitch

#15 ·
It weird, I know. This is what Ive tried. I set the phone on the radio and it still shows low battery. (Rootbeer says his doesnt show correct either.) I havent made that many phone calls with my phone in my truck since the post but when I have it hasn't been garbled. Only hapens like every 4-5th call. Kinda weird. However, Im alright with it. I was traveling home one evening and decided to ask the public.

I've checked out my phone using a bluetoth headset (earset) it worked perfectly and to the other end of the house with my phone in the living room(not on my person) started to break up around 30-35ft. the phone seems to be working fine and my battery indicator is correct as I ran it down to red and it auto-powered off few minutes later... after a full charge(8+ hours) it showed full again. Its a rather new phone.. less that 6 months old. Lost my other one had to get a replacement. All my updates are up to date thru Itunes soon as it receives a new update I get a popup in itunes.

Chili

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.