DODGE RAM FORUM banner

32 Gal Tank Confirmed

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  0007 
#1 ·
After reading another thread about whether the truck had the 32 gal tank or not as per the window sticker, I decided to do a little test.

I ran RootBeer until the "yo dummy, I'm thirsty" light came on. 27.43 gal's later, the 32 gal tank is confirmed.

As an aside, doing mostly city driving I did 13.83mpg. Not the best mileage in the world, but I didn't buy a truck to get good mpg anyway. The EVIC was off by only 2 10ths at 13.6. Not bad at all.

#2 ·
Nice Man, I have a reg cab and love the 26 gal tank....having cars in the past, the biggest tank I ever had was my Charger. 26 gallons cost me more per fill-up but you don't have to fill up as often which is definitely a convenience.

32 Gallons is sweet...and glad to see the Evic is that accurate. I'm averaging mixed driving right where you are. I didn't get my R/T for gas mileage either but it's nice to know you can go on longer trips and have that ECO/MDS take care of ya1

#3 ·
mine has the 26 gallon
i only get 14.5 and thats mostly highway

G
#4 ·
Dang...I get 11.8 around town, 13.5 on the highway...I wonder if it's the lift, big tires and 3.92 gears...LOL

But I do have the big tank. Problem is, it won't run on anything but Premium. When it comes time to fill the tank, I have to pawn the wife. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.