DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tree sap removal

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mattg1500 
#1 ·
had some small maple tree sap droplets on the hood roof and bed cover. Was wondering if anyone has found something out there that will disolve this stuff without hurting the finish. Thanks. Gabe

#2 ·
Hi Gabe,

I've always used goo gone, that eats it away. I have not used anthingelse, but for me personally I might use the decal adheasive remover i got next time there's sap. That didn't hurt my paint and ate away at the sticky adhesive. I'm sure the other guys will give you some good ideas.

#9 ·
how about rubber? (from doin burnouts at track), I find that if you don't clean it right away that will take a ton of work to take it off..

#10 ·
I have dealt with 2 huge maples over the driveway for 11 years, and cars/trucks covered in sap. Funny thing is it always washes off when washing with regular car wash soaps. Best one I've found is turtle wax ice car wash.

#11 ·
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies. I did ask one of the young guys up at the auto parts store. He recommended Purple Power, and it was on sale. Took the top off and used a little eyedropper on the beads of sap and it did break them down and disolve the stuff. Sometimes on the real stubborn ones it took a couple of applications but it took it off pretty pain free. Didn't seem to hurt the finish, but used some quick detailer afterward anyhow. Thanks to everyone that replied. Gabe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.