DODGE RAM FORUM banner

One thing I really enjoy about my new 2010 Ram Sport

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  uktitus 
#1 ·
Is the way that people move out of the way when they see you in the review mirror. I was going down the highway this morning running a few late...(and yes I was obeying all traffic laws - why would you ask that ;)) and every car, truck, SUV I came upon, quickly moved out the way as if they were about to be moved by force :D

LOVE THE BIG RAMS!

#4 ·
Respect or being bullied? I don't move. If I am doing the speed limit (usually I am going well over) and someone rides me, regardless of the size I don't move. Go around me if you want to go even faster. You can take the girl out of California but not the California out of the girl! ;)

#13 · (Edited)
Not my eye, just having some fun here on the board! ;)

that's all well if you're in the slow lane or travel lane, but please don't do this in the passing (3rd) lane. People who do deserve a little nascar bump to remind them to always go to the right no matter how fast you're driving if there's an open lane.
I believe you misunderstood me. Back at home, in California, the fast lane (not legal) minimum speed is 75-80. I roll 80-85. Well beyond the legal speed limit of 65 but hey, I am just keeping up with the flow of traffic! :)
If you were to come screaming up behind me going even faster, I will not move. You are going at an even more unsafe speed than I am. Go around, do not tail gate me, tends to make me slow down. I got very tired of people trying to push me out of the way so I don't move. Out here in Missouri it isn't like that. If someone is rolling, I move over and vice versa.

i don't move either, and I travel above the limit 100% of the time, i highly doubt your going to hit my car , so enjoy getting frustrated behind me, when you could just use another lane... ( not referring to the original poster, just saying)
Amen!!!

P.S. Just ask any of my Gatty convoy if I have a problem with keeping up or being a courteous driver!! I successfully avoided hitting the back end of SRTAndy while we were rolling 80!! ;)

#11 ·
Just sharing some insight from over the pond...I'm not sure how it works in US, but here in Poland we differentiate between city limits and wide open spaces outside them;) Within city limits you're legally able to pass on any lane (inside, middle, outside - no matter). Out of the cities you are expected to pass only on the left (fast) lane. What we do if someone blocks the left lane is the 3 stage pressure-on procedure:

1. turn the left indicator on and keep it like this
2. flash lights and (if not working) push a horn
3. use your front bumper :box2:

When I see RAM in my rear view mirror I take the right lane immidately - not due to the fear but to have a chance to enjoy it looks when it passes me by :)

#12 ·
Here in Canada you are SUPOSE to keep right exept to pass. We even have signs that state that.(I think people think they are resting posts for birds) I don't think it is a law, just a courtesy. Yes it is frustrating when you can't get around a slow driver in the fast lane. So just move over, you can move back when you let the trafic flow and you have the road to yourself.

#14 ·
I agree. Just witnessed this same scenario this evening. I was running a little late to pick up some gear an hour away, so I was caressing the upper end of the 'lee way', so wasn't screaming up behind the other traffic, but rather gentling closing the gap. Every vehicle in front of me moved out of the way so I never had to take it out of cruise. It was kinda nice to have that level of respect shown, irregardless of the motive.....but I think the other drivers just wanted to see the whole truck as it cruised by them. :smileup: (yup....that's my bubble!)

#15 · (Edited)
Far from judging anyone's behavior....it's just that I never know the very WHY somebody is speeding like hell. Had a chance to be in a real life threatening hurry in my life so I can understand that one out of a hundred guys pushing me away from the fast lane may have a good reason to speed like this. Who am I to stop him? It really doesn't bother me to lift my left finger, turn on the indicator, move to the middle/right/slow lane and come back again if I need to.

Just my 0.02 cents :)

#16 ·
Technically in Canada it's illegal to pass on the right so you are expected to remain in the right lane and pass on the left
It dont matter how fast youre going in the fast lane, if someone come's up behind you, you are supposed to move out of the way
I travel a lot in my job and I constantly find people in the fast lane that never even look in the mirror, and I gotta pass on the right to get by
major pet peeve of mine
But I do find people notice me more in my Ram than in my old Tacoma
Even my kid says "dad, everyone is looking at us" LOL

#18 ·
Dude I know exactly how you feel, when i went on my camping trip a few weeks ago, I was obeying all traffic laws (cept speed, i was like 15 over but who cares :p ) and as soon as i got close to someone they moved out of the way real quick, and i had 4 people and 1000 lbs of gear in the back too lol, still passing people like nobodys buisness...

LOVE RAMS!

#19 ·
A lot of the posts on here are why we will never enjoy some of the fun stuff that other places around the world get to. Too letigious in general and too selfish. I agree that no one should be tailgating at all but if someone comes up behind you regardless of how fast you or they are driving and there is a clear lane to the right, get the hell over in it. It's not your job to play police and slow peole down and or childishly brake check people just for fun and kid that they'll buy you your next truck, it just might be your coffin they're buying. Like someone else said, you never know why someone is driving fast but what's so hard about pulling to the right.

In germany, if you don't pull to the right immediately, it's like a $500 fine and guess what, they drive faster with fewer fatalities, so they must be doing something right.

i just don't see the situation getting any better with driving in the future either. I'm a middle school teacher and have seen a decline in the level of responsibility expected from kids over the last 10 years and that translates to every aspect of life, so in 20 years, with increased traffic and even more selfish people, I guess some will just have to get used to weaving in and out of traffic.

#20 ·
"Here in Canada you are SUPOSE to keep right exept to pass. We even have signs that state that.(I think people think they are resting posts for birds) I don't think it is a law, just a courtesy."

It's now a law in Louisiana to stay in the right lane, except for passing, traffic congestion and turning left. A few months ago a co-worker of mine got a ticket for impeding traffic. She was driving 10 MPH under the speed limit in the left lane. :doh:I guess she expected sympathy from me, but was shocked when I told her that she deserved the ticket and she needed to get in the right lane and stop blocking traffic.

Nothing irritates me more than someone cruising at the speed limit (or just under) in the left lane while talking on their cellphone.

#21 ·
I hate to bring up an old thread, but this popped up while I was using the search engine for "wide view mirror".

If people are passing you on your right. You need to get over. If you're not passing anybody to the right you need to get over. It just shows that you don't respect other people and think you're more important than you really are if you don't. Have some respect and "drive right, pass left".

#22 · (Edited)
I have stated this before Americans generally have no Idea about lane discipline move over to the inside lane whatever speed you are doing unless one you are passing a lot of traffic or it is bumper to bumper.It is more dangerous in the States passing at lower speeds than passing at higher speeds in Europe. Generally Americans are not aware of what is around them or what is worse don't care.I wonder in most if they are actually trained to be aware of what is around them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.