DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What is your favorite A/T Tire? (if price wasn't an issue)

• BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

Votes: 149 33.4%
  • Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Cooper Zeon LTZ

Votes: 34 7.6%
  • Firestone Destination A/T

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Michelin LTX A/T 2

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Nitto Terra Grappler

Votes: 95 21.3%
  • Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Toyo Open Country A/T

Votes: 99 22.2%
  • Yokohama Geolandar A/T - S

Votes: 4 0.9%

Favorite A/T Tire (if price didn't matter)

30K views 126 replies 91 participants last post by  adboyd06 
#1 ·
So many folks talking tires lately, myself included, so I thought we could run a poll and see what is the most desired A/T tire out there assuming price was not an issue.

#96 ·
Iv'e had Duratracs and BFG A/T's on my truck. The BFG's are what i'm running now and i think they grip way better. No ice or snow here yet but i like them a lot better. Next i'm getting the KO 2's

#98 ·
I think we should throw the BF Goodrich All Terrain K/O 2's into the mix.. What an amazing looking tire! Anyone running these to attest to the performance??

#99 ·
I think we should throw the BF Goodrich All Terrain K/O 2's into the mix.. What an amazing looking tire! Anyone running these to attest to the performance??

I have the K02 in the stock size, love them so far. Had them in rain, deep and packed snow and ice. Feel 100% more confident taking the truck off-road compared to the stock crapyears.

These BFG's just replaced some Cooper ST Maxx in 275/65/20. They were too stiff (E-load) and heavy for my liking, otherwise a great, aggressive AT tire.

#100 ·
I have BFG KO2's in 275/70/17. I love them so far. Good looks, good performance in the rain and as we speak we're getting a predicted 24"+ of snow...so I'll be testing them out for sure...

I got mine in the "E" rating - not so much for the load-capacity because a 1500 will never have that much weight, but with the higher load rating comes a stronger sidewall.
I'm not concerned about the added few extra pounds of the E's - I don't use my truck for speed - I use it as a truck.
Smooth, quiet ride - slightly firmer ride than the SRA's.

#101 ·
I had the duratrac's on my 13 4x4 CC in a 285/50r20 and they made it though sand some slick Texas mud and loose door on a hill. Looked great after over 25k miles. I would defiantly get them again. I have had BFG AT's and Terra grapplers and would take the duratrac over both. I also like the pro comp tires but they are pricey.

Reactions: h2oman
#102 ·
I voted for the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. I had a set on my 1998 Isuzu Trooper and they were incredible. Great in the snow and off road as well. Road noise was good and they wore like iron. I plan to buy a Ram this summer and will replace the GY OEM tires with Yokohamas.

#103 · (Edited)
anyone notice which tires are going on the new Ram Rebel?.... Toyo open country AT II... Good choice in my opinion. Of course, I'm bias cause I am running them also :LOL:

#106 ·
^^^I wanted to say this but didn't want to cause any fuss. Well said. There is a pile about the Rebel that makes it a not so serious competitor to the competition.

#108 ·
Non taken.. And im not saying they are the best choice, just a good one and I know first hand that these are very good tires.. Much better than the goodyears by leaps and bounds..

#114 ·
I didn't read through all the replies, but I didn't see an option for hankook dynapro ats. I have had them for 35k on my sierra, they replaced terra grapplers. The nittos sucked compared to the dynapros. I only got 30k out of the nittos before they were bald and after the first 10k, they were worthless in the snow. No complaints on the hankooks except that they are a bit pricy and I had to have them rebalanced recently because they started to shimmy at 70 mph. They are all good now and look like I may get another 15-20k out of them.

#115 · (Edited)
BF Goodrich AT' KO2's

I went to Costco to get Bridgestone Duelers as they were on sale but wanted the Goodrich KO'2's but they were not going on sale anytime soon. The original Wranglers on my tradesman were OK tires for the first 40K miles, but during the last rain, at 46K miles in perfect shape except for wear, they felt like I was on ice. I knew I had to get new ones but was waiting as late into the fall as possible. Anyway, the guy at Costco heard what I had 2013 Tradesman and I expressed interest in the Goodrich KO's (218 each) and he asked if I would be interested in some E rated Goodrich KO2's (new ones snow rated) and I asked what the deal was and that seemed a bit much of a tire for me??? He said someone ordered them and then lost his truck so they were sitting there and he would give them to me for 180 each. I said 175 and it was a deal. I asked the guy at Costco would he buy them and he said in a heartbeat as he has them (not E rated) (KO's) on his jeep and has pretty new duelers on his Ram and would love to have needed tires when these came available. Done deal...

Performance - I've only got about six hundred miles on them. The KO2's have the snowflake in E rateds whereas the KO's do not on two of the sizes including E's. They are ever so slightly narrower than non E rateds and a little hard (keep them at 50 psi/per sticker) but I actually am picking up about 8 tenths to a mile per gallon (rolling resistance?). They are quiet on the road (no noticable noise over Wranglers). Little things noticable like the dirt area in front of the mailboxes where I had a hard time NOT breaking traction with the Wranglers as I headed up the hill to home whereas the KO's just grab and go. Did a few bad dirt roads with some holes, were fine, but not any real test. In rain, they grab the road. You can feel the difference as you were always aware of traction issues with the Wranglers for the last year or so and babied corners accordingly. So far I am perfectly happy and the E rating is not a problem for me... and these are killer tires for the off road I hear and I am not getting too extreme (not too harsh national forest access roads mostly, in Montana).

#116 ·
↑ Agreed ↑

That's a great price.
I went with the "E" load rated version as well for the same reason (severe snow rating) and also I wanted a really strong sidewall that the E's offer. Will I ever use the E load capacity? No. But I sometimes like exceeding requirements.
I keep mine at 52 lbs and actually like the slightly firmer ride. The Bilsteins make up for it. I went with 275/70/17.

#117 ·
If you are going to do off roading you should really go with "E" tires. When airing down you need the heavy sidewall to support the tire. It also gives additional protection against cuts on the side and shoulder. And here is my Duratrac review.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=202719

#119 ·
Waiting on my KO2s to arrive. Can't wait to see how they perform compared to the Duratracs I have now.

#121 ·
Mine came in after two days. They're 285/65/20. I've only done hwy miles on them so far but they are definitely very quiet. And the sidewalls are firm too. But if anything, I would say they are more supple than the Duratracs (285/60/20). They don't kick the truck around as much when going over expansion joints etc. The Duratracs were more solid but didn't give much so the truck would kick sideways sometimes. They were just a harsher ride over small sharp bumps.
I'm running the KO2s at 50psi. Same as the Duratracs. I measured them and they're 33.5" (Definitely not the 34.6" that BFG claims). The half worn Duratracs measured 32.6" so maybe 33.25" (Goodyear claims 33.5") when they were new.
That's my take so far.

#122 ·
Oops, went to get the fan for the HVAC fixed and ended up walking out with a new Outdoorsman, Bighorn plus package end of year sale, really good deal and they added a bunch of things. I did swap in the KO2's with the OEM silent Armor's (D rated?/43 lb filled) going to the old Tradesman. I drove the Silent Armor's for two days before the swap and the KO2's are MUCH better imho. Some of it is likely subjective and perhaps the E rating but you can feel the grip of the KO2's vs the Wranglers (stronger sidewall?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.