DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What color should ArmyofOne paint his calipers?

• DWBP

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Flame Red

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • High-Gloss Black

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Leave it stock (silver)

Votes: 5 13.5%

Caliper Paint...Help me choose a color!

5K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  gotbrains230 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok Z members. I need your help. Here is my truck:

I want to paint my calipers. Whatever color we choose, I have the following criteria I have to meet.

1. MUST be pleasing to the eye. No Yellow or hot pink :LOL:
2. has to flow well with the rest of the truck, Whatever color we choose, my engine bay pieces will be done in the same color, and would also like to eventually follow the theme into the interior.
3. Must go well with blue, the black fender flares that I am getting in the near future, and Chrome, as these 3 accents are not changing.

For my options I was thinking:

-Blue (color matched). I can get the blue in a high-temp application easliy enough, at autozone or online. Duplicolor makes a Metallic blue paint that when used in conjunction with a high-heat primer, will take temps up to 800 degrees. If my brakes are getting that hot, it might be time to stop and let 'em cool. It flows well with the rest of the truck, and will bring attention to the Slotted/Drilled rotors. In addition to that it meets all of my above criteria.

-Red...not to sure on this one. It could be a disaster, or it might look really good. Basically, I have nothing else red on the truck except the taillights (which will be tinted eventually), and the embroidered logo on the seat covers. Will it flow well? I dont know. I could continue it into the engine bay, but I don't know about the interior.

-Black. Easy, will flow well with the trim, but in all honestly, it wont draw the attention to the brakes and it wont "complete" the look. If I was going to go Black, I might as well stay stock. I am not sure. It will for sure match the fender flares though.

My biggest concern with the DWBP is that there may already be too much blue on the truck. But I have enough chrome and black that it balances out well, so IDK. I am torn and this is why I want some opinions. Hell, maybe someone could even throw up a photoshop or 3.:LOL:

Thanks for the help folks!

See less See more
#2 ·
A couple of friends of mine suggested gold...idk man, thats a little far out there LOL.

#3 ·
I picked stock because I was thinking you should paint them silver...then realized it's already silver lol. I think blue would look good but I wouldn't do it personally as I think it'd look sort of "flashy". I think red would look out of place. Black would be good but not too flashy.

#5 ·
I also received the suggestion of Mango-Tango Orange which I am seriously entertaining...

#6 ·
I vote for black as the calipers are hard to keep clean and if you paint them a showy color, then they become part of the detailing process. :4-dontknow:

#7 ·
LOL, They are already Brad. Thats how I have 65k on my Ram and they still look factory. :) I should have clear-coated them when I bought them.

Is there even a need for High-Temp paint? I mean, I painted my calipers on other cars and never bothered with it. Never had an issue. Reason I am asking is VHT is only available in certain colors, and its making me mad. I cant seem to get metallic in VHT. The one I thought I could get from Duplicolor, they apparently don't make anymore.

#9 ·
Does anyone know where I can get 4 Mopar Logos that are Curved? Hell, maybe I can call powerstop and see if they have decals.

OH...

I can have them made at Sunray! POWERSTOP in white, curved with the caliper.

hmm. Now I REALLY wish I had a set or RT or SRT wheels to make 'em visible.

#12 ·
Silver would be the color that I feel would best compliment your truck.

#13 ·
My neighbor has a Stang Cobra almost identical to you truck's color and has his calipers painter red.

It looks amazing.

Red's a no-brainer for me.

#21 ·
Personally I wouldn't paint them anything but silver (original) or black on a stock wheel especially a 17" wheel. Any othe color would not look good imho.

#22 ·
Plasti rims black then color match the calipers.. (My .2)

#23 ·
I waas thinking WHITE. You already have a LOT of blue. White would be pretty cool but maybe hard to keep clean. Black will also be hard to keep clean - look at a white and a black nexct to each other. If they have the same amount of road dirt - the white one looks cleaner.

#24 ·
i vote red, stands out without being flashing and painting them silver/black they will just blend in like they do now and color match would look nice as well but wouldnt pop

#30 ·
I'm out of town right now but i should be back on thursday and i'll post a pic then in addition to the canopy i recently purchased. I'd like to be a more contributing member but work has been soooooooo busy this summer....

anyways, pinkie promise on the pics for thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.