DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wife won't drive it!!

7K views 52 replies 47 participants last post by  Divi 
#1 · (Edited)
No way....won't drive it. Loves her Camry, likes my truck I think, but will not drive it. I know it's too big for her (no jokes). Just came back from trip to the Poconos. Had to take the car! Reason: IF something happened to me and I could not drive back, I'm F--Ked. Married 35 yrs love her to death......I'm on my own! AM I ALONE ON THIS?

Sorry for the venting!

ps...don't say trade her in....truck will go before her.

I changed the photos.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A lot fo guys on here won't let their wives drive the truck. so it's not such a bad thing that she won't drive it. Rather her say she's not comfortable, and than keep it to herself and cause some damage. It does suck that you weren't allowed to take the truck on the road trip. These trucks are so comfortable and perfect for long road trips.

#5 ·
My wife isn't too crazy about driving my truck either, but she will do it.

The truck is much more comfortable than her Chally when we go out as a family, and when we're traveling the Chally is NOT an option.

I say that you should tell you wife that when push comes to shove, IF she needs to drive the truck, then she'll not have any major issues, and the next time there is a road trip, the truck is the vehicle of choice.

I know they say you can either be right, or be happy... but in this case I think it's better to be right :D

good luck

Exco

#6 ·
I kind of forced the Fiancee into it. When I deployed I left she had to drive it once a week to keep it from sitting too long. She was nervous at first, but during tht first drive she fell in love it. She still loves her convertible, but now she's really comfortable i the truck too. So it worked out.

#7 ·
My girlfriend is scared to drive my truck except on the highway.

I'm thinking about making her get used to driving it around town so that when she buys a vehicle she can get a fun car (which I can drive) rather than an SUV

#8 ·
LOL, That's funny. My wife also will not drive mine unless she is forced to for some reason. She claims it's too big, in fact her words are "your big fat truck"lol. Anyway I find this humerous as she used to drive a big ole ambulance, to me that's just a huge blind spot on wheels. I actually prefer she don't drive it as she drives a little car that can turn on a dime and ALL I see is her scrapping the tires/wheels on a curb or side swipping someone as she turns way too sharp thinking it turns like her little car...

#10 ·
My wife would not drive my 2500 and complained about having no side steps (leveled w/ 35's, shes 5'4"ish). When we traded her patriot in for a new 5th wheel she was forced to start driving it if she wanted to go places. I put some amp powersteps on for her and she loves driving the truck now.

#11 ·
Oddly my wife would NEVER drive my crew cab long bed chevy diesel but she is totally comfortable in my Mega cab RAM. She says it feels more like a big SUV and she is ok with that! lol. I don't get it

#12 ·
My wife loves driving my truck!! She took it Saturday and loaded it up with her friends and they all went to the beach at VA beach! Kinda hard for her to get in it now since I don't have power boards anymore. Its funny watching her short 5' ass climb inside!

#13 ·
wife drives my 1500 quad cab... haven't heard her complain but she doesn't ask to drive it either... although I'm normally riding shot gun bc I like to have a few more beers than her when we go out to dinner ;) and if we go anywhere... i drive and when I drive its my Ram not the car :smileup:

#14 ·
You are not alone....My wife will not drive my truck either.......I did take her out on the back roads but she is too nervous that she is going to damage it......LOL.... 35 yrs of marriage....Congrats and no worries your wife will eventually drive it.....Hope all works out....

Ed

#15 ·
No way....won't drive it. Loves her Camry, likes my truck I think, but will not drive it. I know it's too big for her (no jokes). Just came back from trip to the Poconos. Had to take the car! Reason: IF something happened to me and I could not drive back, I'm F--Ked. Married 35 yrs love her to death......I'm on my own! AM I ALONE ON THIS?

Sorry for the venting!

ps...don't say trade her in....truck will go before her.
Two things...

First-my wife was a little nervous at first since she backed my last truck in to a pole. But now after a little over a year, she is comfortable in it.

Second-does the lettering on your doors not match each other? the passenger door reads ram, bit it is not in the correct spot. or am I just seeing things? :4-dontknow: it is a 2011 right?

#16 ·
Haha, My brother has a lifted Crew Cab 2010 f150, 8 inch lift on 37s. Really clean looking truck his wife drives that thing EVERYWHERE. They ended up starting to break grown on a brand new house out in the country on some nice land. So they sold their house and moved into a little apartment for the mean time. So we moved all their stuff into storage. Ended up over there a crossed Houston at 730. (Gates locked for good at 10). We would be locked in for good if we did not get out before 10pm. Well my brother left the lock to the storage back at the old house. The one a cross Houston. His wife jumps in the f150 ( was following behind us in the moving van. ) smokes the 37s and drifts around the corner taring ass down the on ramp to the freeway. She drives the CRAP out of that big truck and loves it hahaha!

All I got to say is, my girl couldn't possibly beg me anymore to drive the truck every time we go out to eat or dinner. And it's cute!

#23 ·
My (then) wife walked into the dealer and bought the first Ram 1500 in 2003, before that she drove a lifted 1988 suburban on steroids, called it her minivan. My (now x wife) calls me all the time asking to borrow the 2009. Count your blessings, you have a woman that you still love more than your truck after 35 years of marrage and you know when you go out to your driveway, your truck will still be there lol.

#25 ·
Trust me you should not be happier, they barrow our trucks and are hard on them, get them scratched up and bring them back with an empty tank. I love my wife but if she wouldn’t drive my truck I would be that happiest man in the world. All it means for you is that you need to drive everywhere, don’t let her get the idea in her head that she needs to drive when you are on vacation and such. In my house the truck is the primary means of transportation and I always drive we leave her car at home. It would never be an option for me to get in it and drive any where other then the grocery store and I only do that when she parks behind me. You are a lucky man and I am jealous.

#26 ·
Not saying all women, but majority, seem to live in fear of big things and seem to lack the dynamic of driving a larger vehicle.
On topic, I had eye surgery and had to let my roommate drive my ram and withing 5 minutes she took the passenger side mirror out. She was lucky that I had to keep my eyes closed and couldn't see anything let alone her.... At least she drove straight to the dealership and ordered a new mirror. She was more careful after that.

#27 ·
My wife loves driving my truck. She's only 5 feet tall so she likes being able to see over everything. She doesn't seem to mind the size...but then she drives and Expedition herself. My diesel was another story. She'd drive it but she didn't love it. She sideswiped a guardrail with it once though so that might have been part of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.