DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bilsteins and RCX1.25 Bodylift

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  maximus007 
#1 ·
Finally got my Bilsteins on maxed out along with a 1.25 bl love it! And no vibrations rides smoother then stock in my opinion. Now time to save up for some 35s :smileup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the bad quality pic I'll try to get another one posted later

#5 ·
Wow. Looks fantastic.

#8 ·
So I have a question about the Bilsteins. I have been reading all the posts about using these adjustable struts over the leveling kits. They all made alot of sense so I decided to pick up a set for the front of my stock 2011 dodge 1500 4x4 sport. When I go to one of my local strut places, they proceed to tell me that they cant do it because because the kit doesnt have everything I need for the install. I proceed to ask him how that could be. He then determines that it does have everything and to just use some of the stock hardware for mounting. He then tells me that these struts were not designed to go on a stock 4x4 and that these will not work on my truck and that the leveling blocks are a better choice. He also said that the little washer that holds the ride height in place is not strong enough to hold the spring in place on a normal 4x4 truck and that it will break. He says it is only made for offroad vehicles that are much lighter. I was told that this guy has over 30 years experience with shocks and struts. However, I feel like his expertise might be a little lacking in this department. Is he right or is everyone on here that has the same truck as mine with the same parts right. I am trying to use the maximum lift setting with these to be able to fit 35" tires with aftermarket rims. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like there is a reason why Bilsteins are much more expensive than leveling kits. I would assume because it is a better option and that you get what you pay for.

#9 ·
Take it to a different shop this guy doesnt know what he's talking about.

#12 ·
Thanks Guys! Added side steps to it today and removed black pillar tape looks alot better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.