DODGE RAM FORUM banner

tuning petition

16K views 52 replies 45 participants last post by  proggod 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yep...what he said.

All manufacturers know that allowing access to the tune puts their pockets at risk because some people who tune cars and then break them as a result try to get warranty coverage....ie stealing.....

Even back in the days of musclecars, they had certain setups that came with NO WARRANTY because they knew those cars would be subjected to drag racing etc.....and that is not "normal use" or a "manufacturer's defect"......but some would try to make it so.

Cant trust people to do whats right anymore, so they have to do what they have to do.

A few bad apples screws it up for everyone.

#6 ·
Technically, tuners violate federal laws regarding tampering relative to emissions. Don't expect Chrysler to be too receptive to this petition. Not only has the encryption limited the number of warranty repairs of their vehicles, it keeps them off the radar of the enviro-nazis in government who don't like us tinkering with our engines.

#46 ·
What he said. If there was a petition to fight against this, I would sign that one. We don't have emissions cops in my state and this kind of thing is exactly what leads to them.

If you want more options from Chrysler stock, hey I'm all for that. But if you just aren't happy unless you have to mod your brand new truck to something that ends up hurting all vehicle owners, no sir not for me!

#13 ·
company i deal with for parts or accessories are constantly calling hyper tech and superchips to find out whats up, apparently even their "engineers" are getting frustrated trying to break into the firewall to get a good program for these trucks,
if you want and dont mind only HP and careless for top end speed and rev limiter etc,
there is JET performance chip stage 1 and 2, stage 2 ya have to run only 91 octane adds approx:20-25.

just throwing it out there.

#15 ·
manufacturers took away the standard stick because of constant repairs
Larger companies all buy automatics because each vehicle has many different drivers

If you really want to make a Ram into a performance vehicle
gut the dash electronics
design & build a bell housing that will fit the new 5.7 & install a stick shift transmission
yank out the computers & install a engine controller like the ones NasCar uses

then all you have to do is move to an area where there is no SMOG checks or laws & then find a good mechanic

Sure as the sky is normally above you, the Chrysler people are not going to change their way of thinking

:LOL:

#26 ·
Hate to say it, but they have said in no short words that they are NOT going to be unlocking the PCM. The LX guys have already had this fight and there's a whole lot more than 200 people that signed that particular petition and they were still told no. Even in the online SRT engineers/developer discussions they have explicitly stated that they won't be unlocking the PCM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.