DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How hard are you driving your ram 1500 5.7 (09-11)

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  PaulMys 
#1 ·
I am interested to know how hard ppl are pushing there rams on a day to day basis because i want to get a new one but i drive my truck pretty hard on a day today and i want to know if the new rams will hold up. I plan on running 35s on the truck and i want to know the tranny will hold also. Im either gonna get a new ram or even possibly a toyota cause i hurd they can take some good abuse. Everyones imput would be great. I dont want to spend a lot on something that will disapoint!!!!!!

#2 ·
Well my 2012 I drive it bat outa hell everyday. And 8000 miles so far not one hiccup. I know not many miles. But since I'm the first to reply on this I thought I would tell you there are no tuners for 2011 or 2012 and probably never will with the ecrypted ecu's. So if you are looking to tune your truck get a low miles 09,10 model

#4 ·
well so far I've pretty much put my r/t sideways through every intersection and I try to pass every car on the road that isn't doing 15-20 over the speed limit and my ram is taking the beating with a big stupid smile on its face. Of course it only has 1100 miles on it so far but in the couple years i've worked as a chrysler tech I can say I haven't really worked on too many rams.

#14 ·
well so far I've pretty much put my r/t sideways through every intersection and I try to pass every car on the road that isn't doing 15-20 over the speed limit and my ram is taking the beating with a big stupid smile on its face. Of course it only has 1100 miles on it so far but in the couple years i've worked as a chrysler tech I can say I haven't really worked on too many rams.
:LOL:

Been doing the same to my Laramie haha. Love this truck but Ive seen Toyotas jacked up beside some of our rams and they do perform pretty well!

#5 ·
70k of beating here, still going strong. Haul's 7k of boat around with a shit eatin' grin. :D

#9 ·
I do NOT have the capacity to drive like a responsible law abiding citizen, that said I drive the piss out of everything I get behind the wheel of. Four cylinders have no chance in hell surviving under my foot, a few sixes have survived (2002 Explorer Sport 4.0 is tough as they come and Fords straight 300 is indestructable). I am a retired mechanic of 35 years and I do not believe in break-in periods, I am meticulous about service and maintainence though. My new Express just clicked 1000 miles and probally more than half have been with the petal flat footed. I think its a pretty good made/engineered truck, the ride quality is unreal and the cabin is whisper quiet. I have been brand loyal to Ford for the past 10+ vechicles but I think I have been converted, at least until Ford can match Dodge in warranty. LOVE my Ram!

#12 ·
52k miles on my 08 (same front end and transmission as the 09-12s) and it has been babied and treated like a car.

Well I've gone through,
2 sets of tie rods
CV boots now spit grease
All calipers have been replaced
Ball joints squeak
OEM shocks were crap at 35k miles

#13 ·
actually the front end was revamped in 09 for these rams

i have a 2010 with 34k on it and do not drive it lightly, with some heavier 305/55's on it, drives beautifully

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.