DODGE RAM FORUM banner

which conversion hid kit is best and where to buy online?

23K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  RacingFan 
#1 ·
hi , this hid lighting is new to me but i love how bright they are when on . i have a few simple questions about these hid conversion kits . i have a 2006 dodge ram slt and i am looking for the brightest clear hid kit .where is the best place to order the hid kits from online with the best price ,what is a reasonable price for the hid kit ? with these kits would you need to buy anything extra for them to work properly or do you get everything you need in the hid kit ? also is hid and xeon the same type bulb? if not which is brighter? which hid manufactuers make the best hid kits ?

#4 ·
ddmtuning.com is where I get all my kits for family members cars, friends trucks, etc.. very affordable, easy to install, and lifetime warranty on everything. A hi/lo kit (one bulb for both high/ low) since it requires the extra harness will run you probably around 60 shipped. Vehicles that have separate bulbs are a direct plug and play. I installed a set on my titan in about 12mins. 5000k is white for a hint of blue I go with 6000K 35W slim ballasts

#5 ·
I picked up my fog lights from -> http://www.xtremehids.com/ They did not communicate well. 10000K

I just ordered my headlight stuff from.....

New single bulb housings - ebay
Projectors - Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 ->
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3181
HID's - I picked up the Digital 55watt 6000K from http://www.retro-solutions.com/

And Jeremy at http://retroshop.us/index.html can set you up with the parts to do the conversion yourself or for a fee he can do the conversion for you.

The above is a proper upgrade to HID. Just installing a HID set in your regular headlights just makes life miserable for those you are behind or approaching.

me...

#10 ·
Ive literally done a dozen DDM installs on everything from an STI subaru to a 2012 f350. Some were done as long as 4 years ago and no problems to this day. One ballast went bad, they sent me a new one right away. I guess its like anything, sometimes life hands you lemons...

#7 ·
right now i do not have my truck with me its at a dealer getting a second rearend installed . the first rebuilt jasper one they installed was a defect i kept getting a vibration while driving on highway. but back to these hid light kits. i see that some people mention hi/lo hits , single or dual bulbs . i think i have one bulb on my 2006 dodge ram so do i get the hi/lo kit?

#8 ·
My suggestion is to hook up with Jeremy. He can tell you exactly what you need for your year truck.

me....

#9 ·
will call jeramy.its getting even more confusing for me. i just spoke with a local hid installer and he said be carefull with those 89.00 dollar kits . he said you need to make sure you also have a cambust with kit . he said a cambust tricks your trucks computer without the cambust your truck would show a bulb out. he said to me that he could put a hid kit in my truck for 450.00 and it will be a very good one ?

#11 ·
Of course he did. He wants to make money off you. Just trying to help you save some money because 450 is an outrageous amount of money for HID's.. But it's your money, just offering alternate solutions.. I was also told about the bulb out warning, especially with my sisters 07 Volvo S60, but the plug and play ddm didn't throw any codes and she loves them..

#12 ·
Blast, I was hoping to be able to tell you how my setup works later this weekend. But I did not get my projectors today :-(

me....

#17 ·
How long have your lasted in the headlights so far ?.. I had DDM brand in headlights and fogs but began to have problems with the headlight set and decided to take them out now they are only in the fogs but have been in for months.. I would love to find a pair for the headlights that remain to have no problems

#19 ·
wow , its getting me even more confused on these hid conversion kits. is it just ddm hid kits that have a problem or is it all hid kits that cost under 100.00 for hid kit.are you better off putting the hid lights in the fog lights or the main truck lights

#21 ·
Still confused on HID kits. I looked on **************** and they seem legit. These kits, do they replace the actual factory headlight assembly or is it just the bulb and wiring that get changed out? I'd love to install HID lighting on my low beams and fog lights but I am still confused about all of this.

#22 ·
Bolt AC 55w Hi-Power HID Kit by OPT7 , Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit , OPT7 Boltzen AC CANbus HID Kit 5x Brighter , Apex HID Xenon Conversion Kit and Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit are best products on the market . Choosing Hid Kit is a complex process so before buy it , you should search on the net and read some reviews . If you want to buy it online , Amazon is the best choice .

#23 ·
Don't be one of those jokers that simply puts an HID bulb into the existing assembly! The light pattern in the stock housing is designed around a much lower intensity halogen bulb and by just changing the bulb you're spreading a LOT of light into the eyes of oncoming traffic.
If you want to do it right, do a full retrofit with the correct projectors.
TheRetrofitSource has great complete kits, I've used them twice and the output is incredible compared to stock, WITHOUT blinding anyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.