DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Flowmaster Super 44 for 2013 Sport

13K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. Does anyone know if there is a Flowmaster Super 44 for the 2013 Sport 1500. If so, do you know the configuration and/or part number. I ran a search on their website and didn't come up with a good answer, just a form to fill out that says if something becomes available they will email me. Find it hard to believe that none of the existing configurations work. Thank you.

#2 ·
it goes by the inlet and outlet size of the pipes.

I think it's 2.5 " inlet and dual 3" outlet, something like that.

any reputable muffler shop can clarify that or if not mock it up at the shop and get it installed.

#4 ·
If the diameters are like a 2012 you'll want Single 3" inlet, and dual 2.25" outlet. I think 2.5" outlet is fine and a muffler shop can use it. I used that combo for my Magnaflow and had no issues getting it installed locally.
Thanks for the replies folks, I will call around and see if anyone stocks it or if I should order it and then take it in. I'm sure it would be cheaper to order it myself.

#8 ·
Any good ideas for a good rumble w/o the drone?

#9 ·
You can't go wrong with the Magnaflows! Mine is built identical to Magnaflow, but costs 1/2 the price. Check out BSM Exhaust Vendor forum/thread on here for the Jones MaxFlow Mufflers. Mine is 18" long, very deep sounding exhaust that gets real nasty sounding above 2k rpms. The 14" is the loudest.

#13 ·
I happened across that during my jog around the web tonight. I think it was $54 and some were saying it was the best they had heard. Decided to go with something I had heard of just to be "safe". Whatever that means....

#16 ·
I have single super 44's on my 08.. The only time the drone was ever bad was when I chopped the resonator and all pipes 4 inches after the muffler and let it dump under the box... full 8, you could hear me well before you saw me... and when MDS kicked in... it was baddd.. So i welded the pipe back on and I am loving the sound... The MDS droan is slightly noticable..but nothing serious.. I even like the sound of the MDS droan a bit:SHOCKED:

#20 ·
Also before i forget yes the y pipe is worth it if your looking for performance. Anything to make your engine works less/breathe better = horsepower and in some cases fuel economy. Is it enough to make it noticeable, prolly not but all the little things you do add up to.

Cheers!

#26 ·
I hear ya... I had a friend a few years back had just bought a 2007 Ram new. Wanted to change the muffler so I referred him to my muffler guy and I think he had 40's installed, I respectfully said it's cool and i know he wanted that flow sound... I was there watching it bein installed and at first start I thought it sounded mean, same when he drove away... he just jumped onto the freeway heading home when the mds kicked in... he looked at another friend of ours who drove with him, said wtf? took the next exit, came back and immediatey swapped it out for a maggie... he didn't think the sound change was going to be that drastic but it was...

#28 ·
when I ran flow 50's for awhile, I didn't really mind it when i was by myself, I would turn the radio up. But whenever I had passengers, we really couldn't have a decent conversation and I felt bad for anyone sitting in the backseat... so, figuring that I was getting dual cutouts installed anyways, I got the biggest maggie my muffler shop could get (5 x 11 x 22), I even asked him to also install a resonator too but I'm glad he forgot to...when I first started it with the maggie my ears started to ring because it was so quiet incab and that's when i realized that I really like it quiet for the most part, I can hear and feel at a much lower tone the v8 rhythm ...

#29 ·
I like loud.. My dads 98 cummins which is a strict lot truck now (plow, pulls the water trailer and such) used to have an exhaust... until I got bored one day and we chopped the muffler and everything off.. truck hasnt been above 50km in 2 years anyways...
And if i want quiet.. I will just take one of my parents suvs.. :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.