DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Photos of your dropped Ram

97K views 206 replies 104 participants last post by  fireproof69 
#1 ·
thinking of dropping rear end 2' lets see your pics guys!:wow:

#31 ·
My tires are actually about 3/4 inch shorter thsn the factory 275/60/20.

I heard oem 20s rub a little bit up front on the wheel liners, nothing serious, just when going over big dips

#43 ·
Just got mine done yesterday!

Reactions: Revel Performance
#48 ·

Bell tech rears w a coil out, stock front coils one removed and McG's drop spindles. 285/50-20s and helper bags.

#49 ·
Belltech 2/4 turned 3/5.5 with Air lift helper bags. 1.5 coils cut in rear and 1/2 coil cut in front. Swapped out my factory 17's for some oem 20's with 275/55 tires. Truck will probably go another 1/2 lower in front and 1 lower in back there is still a 1 inch difference from front to rear.

Will get a better pic later today

#50 ·
How is the ride? Are you bottoming out under normal driving conditions? How close are the real control arms from binding, bumpstops? What about the front bumpstops? Any pictures of these parts?

Thanks,

David

Belltech 2/4 turned 3/5.5 with Air lift helper bags. 1.5 coils cut in rear and 1/2 coil cut in front. Swapped out my factory 17's for some oem 20's with 275/55 tires. Truck will probably go another 1/2 lower in front and 1 lower in back there is still a 1 inch difference from front to rear.

Will get a better pic later today

#51 ·
Truck rides a lil firmer but really didnt notice till I went from 17's to 20's. Truck has More of a sporty feel now. It doesnt have as much roll when cornering either. Rides really good , i like it.

I cut the factory rear bump stops shorter then the ones supplied with the belltech kit. In the front I cut the belltech bump stops in half, They go in the place of the factory ones I completely removed.

I havent bottomed out in the last three days I have had it done. And I go down some pretty rough roads. The air bags are just for towing purposes.

Truck is goin to be lowered a little more.

I dont see anything looking like its going to bind up. Ther 4 link bars do look to be getting to their limit. So i am only going 1 inch lower out back and 1/2 inch up front.

#53 ·
If I thought the pinion angle was off too much or had vibration, then yes I would be getting adjustable bars(didnt know they existed til now), but right now I dont think I need them yet. I might get the adjustable track bar, the rear end is not perfectly centered.

The track bar bracket is for 4 inch drop, and I am at 5 1/4 (todays rear measurement). I am going down at least 3/4 more out back and half inch up front this next week with aftermarket thinner isolaters and 1/2 coil more from rear springs.

#56 · (Edited)
I saw this previously and decided to come back and answer it. If your looking for a tucked look, be sure you get a narrower width wheel. If you run a 30 offset on a 10" wide rim not only will you not really be tucked (1/4" tops) but you will run into the suspension and fender liner on the inside of the wheel well and destroy your rims, tires and possibly some suspension parts.

If you run a 9" wide rim it would be like pushing the stock wheels back about 7/16" giving you a much more tucked look and still clear the suspension. You also need to be smart about your tire diameter and width, epsecially if your going to lower it.

Now an 8" wide wheel will give you some flexability in all these areas and room to play. This all considering your 30mm offset you mentioned. There are several other offsets and width options, I was just trying to enlighten you on your subject.

If your picturing the trucks slammed on the ground with the top of the rims tucked inside the fenders your looking into a whole different ball game, full customization of body, suspension, frame, etc....hope this helped!

#57 ·
how much towing capacity would I lose with a 2/4 MG drop kit (coils in front and flip kit with shackles and bump stops in back)?

also I heard some people on the forum saying something about welding the joints on the leaf spring together to keep rom snapping your U joint on the drive shaft?....this is making me hesitant to do the drop.

and if I were to replace the stock shocks with belltech street performance shocks, how much would that improve my ride quality and handling?

I appreciate anyones input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.