DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnaflow 14".... Can you say quiet..?

5K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  HOTRODHARLEY 
#1 ·
Just installed a 14" Magnaflow 3" in/out in my 2013 RCSB. It's a single tail pipe truck. Also removed the resonator.

All I can say is it is quiet quiet quiet. But.. It'll do for now till I get LT's and scratch build a full system.

#4 ·
Not bad... A lil rain shower. But I still managed to get her all shined up after the muffler install.

Also I appreciate the parts offers. But I work at a restoration shop and get all my parts cheap cheap. Thank you anyway.

#7 ·
Honest. It's quiet. Just the slightest rumble.

I just picked up a Hooker Aerochamber and will swap it in tonight. Hopefully I can get video of both. But it's beyond windy outside. Blew my truck over..!!

#8 ·
..my truck must sound like a prius next to yours then with the huge 5 x 11 x 22" maggie on mine :)..and after it broke in, is almost too loud... you are deaf :)

#18 · (Edited)
i agree!!! i just installed a 5x8x18" Magnaflow and a Y pipe and it is louder than hell with a ton of highway drone and i am about to switch it out cuz its so loud in the cab. are you telling me it will get louder with time? :4-dontknow: i just had it installed 100mi ago.

#9 ·
i put the same muffler on my truck with a magnaflow y pipe and i agree it is quiet. next is a e-cutout before the muffler, you know for when im next to those annoying little weed whacker hondas.

#11 ·
Hooker Aerochamber is in.. Too windy out for a useable sound/video shot.

All I can say is... The Aerochamber is slightly louder with a nice rumble compared to the Magnaflow...

I find it to be a happy medium between a Flowmaster and a Magnaflow.

#14 ·
Trust me when I say it's not too loud. It's perfect. It was my first time using Magnaflow on my personal vehicle. But I'm glad I chose to go back to the Aerochamber which I've mostly used in the past

#15 ·
If you want something you can hear go with a dynomax race bullet or a single chamber muffler. I have the cherry bomb extreme and i love it. Especially under bridges!!

#20 ·
shit!! i just paid for install and the muffler!! guess i'll leave it for now but will be buying the 11" wide. Plus you even have the 22" not the 18". How is the drone at 1500-2000 rpm range with the 5x11x22?

thinking i may just bump up to the 11x22"

#22 ·
funny thing about that..it was commute time and I was driving opposite commute...I bet I freaked out the people drivin bumper to bumper stopped under the bridge at the time.. :)

#23 ·
I bet. I dont get to do it very often since i live in a small town. Best thing i habe around here is in "town" between two brick buildings. Lol. But i love this town and could only deal with the city for about 8 months and moved back.:LOL:

#25 ·
Just took the truck down the highway yesterday heading to the race track. And there wasn't a hint of drone with the Hooker Aerochamber.

#29 ·
22" Magnaflow here too, more than happy with my CatBack

Nice low mellow rumble at idle,
pure muscle at WOT without the excessive, farting, popping and crackling like some I've heard on others.

<click pic for video> This is from over two years ago, it's a bit louder now (broke in) with Shorty Headers
LOL to the section in red.
But your video did convince me to go with the catback kit a year ago :smileup:

#32 ·
Repeated talk of Magnaflow break in here...what type of mileage/time are we talking?

I have had my 18" on for about 500 miles...I'd like it to be louder but think the 14" might be more than I am looking for (especially after break in).

#37 ·
I am going to swap to the larger tips, remove the resonators and let the muffler break in for another 500 miles before I do anything else. So in a month I should know what is next but I hope these changes and a bit more time open it up enough to be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.