DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DBALL coming next month

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Raz6200 
#1 ·
Alright...so I know that this has been brought up recently (heck, that's how I learned what DBALL is) and since reading that next month at the latest they're going to be coming out with the complete harness (no hard wiring)...I have a couple questions to those with experience with this product.

1) So my understanding is that you have to hit the lock button on your remote 3 times to start the truck...does the truck lights/horn give any indication that the truck has started?

2) is there a timed shut off? Just in case of an accidental actiavation....

3) how do you cancel/shut it down remotely?

4) anybody have any problems with them in the past?

Now one other thing that I'm curious about is that I have the cheap radio...the RA1 I beleive (the most basic that there is)...is this still going to work?

Sorry to be a pain asking all this but...when I spoke with the dealership I was quoted $662 installed for the MOPAR one, so before dropping that kind of dough I thought to look at the alternatives.

Any feedback/thoughts on this?

See less See more
#3 ·
1) So my understanding is that you have to hit the lock button on your remote 3 times to start the truck...does the truck lights/horn give any indication that the truck has started?

Each time you press your button if the truck is programmed to beep and lights flash they will, then once the truck starts the lights on the truck will come on, dash lights, headlights, parking lights.

2) is there a timed shut off? Just in case of an accidental actiavation....

That is a good question as I have never had it running long enough before getting into it. I would suppose there is but I cannot answer that question. Maybe someone else can.

3) how do you cancel/shut it down remotely?

Hit the lock button 3 times again and it shuts down.

4) anybody have any problems with them in the past?

Myself never, its was plug and play and has been ever since.

Now one other thing that I'm curious about is that I have the cheap radio...the RA1 I beleive (the most basic that there is)...is this still going to work?

Why would installing the remote start affect your radio. I don't see why it would. Maybe you can clue me into some things you have heard

Sorry to be a pain asking all this but...when I spoke with the dealership I was quoted $662 installed for the MOPAR one, so before dropping that kind of dough I thought to look at the alternatives.

Any feedback/thoughts on this?

All these answers are based on the DB-ALL installed in a 2012. I am presuming that it will be the same for the 2013.

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
Asur thanks for the great info, I feel a lil more informed now and will be going with the Dball as soon as the harness for the 2013 is ready. The reason that I was referencing the radio is that it seems with the 2013 everything is tied into the damn radios (what can and can't be upgraded etc.) and I know/think they're tied into the computer for the truck and well...I figured better to include the info just in case vs leaving it out.

Devin, when looking into the installation diagrams I belive there is one that references the pushbutton startup system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.