DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bug Out Vehicles

15K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  derekp10 
#1 ·
Anyone have any cool bug out vehicle pics? I'm a bit of a preparing sort here in the midwest and would be interested in seeing any trucks inside or out with add ons or mods that would help you out in a get outta Dodge scenario.

John in Nebraska
:7309300734:

#2 ·
Mudders or really agressive tires to get you through anything, lift kit to clear anything. Tuner for more power to run over anything :LOL:.

Real bush bars or aftermarket solid steel bumpers to let you ram through crap in your way. 50 cal mounted in the bed?.. Or maybe a center console or under seat gun lock case. Skid plates all the way under to protect everything from potential damage underneith. 10 million lights to blind anything and great visability. Bullet proof glass??

Maybe a bed cap so you could store everything securily with shelving and whatever else you may need.. maybe run an A/C outlet into the bed too. Or a second gas tank in the bed so when you do come across fuel, you will be able to go a long time inbetween. A second battery could be useful too.

I got no clue what would actually be real useful or not.. But I got a safe feeling that all of these options would make for a better truck to just take on anything.

#7 ·
well i bedlined my entire truck... now all i need is those guns!! :smileup:

#9 ·
it has a hell bent steel leveling kit that i bought for about $150 for spacers and drop bracket for control arm. and the 3" body lift was $199. so about $350 for that entire lift. i would not have been able to do it my self but i have mechanic friends that helped me put them on and by help i mean they did most of the work while i watched lol i did supply them with beer for both lifts tho so they were happy :smileup:

hope that helps ya out. feel free to ask me any other questions

#10 ·
lifting

Thanks BigRed. I do have a cousin that works in a transmission shop that is more than capable of doing the whole thing. The cost isn't as much as I thought. Great! I still haven't posted a picture yet. Not much to post you can look online at a 2011 white crewcab bighorn and there you go. Completely stock. I will be posting a little gripe I have with the am radio. I'm a radio guy scanners, shortwave, getting my ham license for fun, pilot, etc... and the am radio has interference sounds like from alternator but when I push on the breaks it goes away. I've seen this problem many times on this and other forums but no resolutions on any of them....they just sit there with all of the standard replies. Ram guys don't know either and probably don't care since it is dealing with am radio.

John in Omaha

#11 ·
np man. get some pics up when shes all done. ive seen that hell bent steel is a vendor on here so you may even be able to get a discount on the leveling kit, not really sure if they have a forum discount or not but its worth emailing them to see :smileup:

as for your problem with your am radio i have no idea. i use my ipod in my truck lol

#16 ·
I got the guns covered....enough for who i can comfortably fit... Ive tossed the idea around for building my BOV.
While i LOVE my dodge....
my Ideal BOV would be a 2002 Excursion.. 7.3 PSD 4x4. Portal Axles ( provide 4.5" of lift using factory suspension and change gearing (2.73 would equate to like 4.76 or something like that. either way negating need for gears and lift.) 38x15.5s with rear tire carrier and fuel cans.
rear seats removed and ample storage for living supplies. Have a rear sunroof installed for access to a customized rooftop sleeper system.. similar to the ARB ones out there. Gun mounts behind the center console for rear passengers. dash mounts for front. Winches front and back. and a welded V-plow in the front for making your own path through abandoned cars. just for a start.

#17 ·
hahaha aparini you need to come to missouri and we will build our zombie rigs! lol :smileup: mount some of your guns to both of our trucks

#25 ·
#27 ·
here's a good one:

#33 ·
i like this one... just a little too "open" to be practical. but its a great start.

#36 ·
Been awhile since ive been on here but thought id bump this thread and show how my truck is looking now, its come a long way since I last posted lol

#38 ·
thanks man, they are moto metal 969's. They came with chrome accents as well so may throw those on some time to see how they look but i like how the red accents match the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.