DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

199K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#222 ·
That is a pretty good reference list! Superbrightleds has a bulb finder that helps people find them too. They have tons of makes/models too look at as well

#233 ·
if your just looking for a little brighter than stock get 2 921-CW12 and 1 921-R12

If you are in your bed alot and need brighter light I would run two WLED-CWHP18-TAC in the bed light portion and a 921-R12 in the brake like section

#238 ·
I found the problem. I can't explain why it only does it when the map lights are on by them self , but its my battery. It must be going bad and doesn't carry a great charge. When truck is running there is no problem at all.... Guess have to put a new battery in soon.

#241 ·
Your not the first person to find out that when the truck is on they work fine.

You can still solder the resisters onto the LEDs and it "should" fix the flickering with the truck off. I soldered resistors onto my map lights too because there was the faintest of flickering when the truck was off and I have 5 batteries that my truck uses for power so I know it wasnt them hahaha

#243 ·
Solder it across the length of the LED. Just put one end of the resistor to one end of the bulb and the other end to the other. I think I have a picture or two of when I did the resistors in my dads truck ill see if I can dig them up

#249 ·
That would be the "Ghosting" thing we've mentioned here a few times, you have to Solder a 100Ohm 1W resister to the bulb itself and it will go away. You can find the post here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106466

Just scroll down a few postings and you'll see the pictures of what to do. Don't be thrown off if you can't solder as well as Mikeski, he's a freak of nature lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.