DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

199K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm at work so I don't have any pictures, but will edit some in later tonight or so.

THIRD GEN LEDS
Reverse - 3rd Gens from 02-06 use 3057/3157, 07-08 use 921
Third Brake Light-921
Dome Light/Map Lights-578/212-2 (I found one that is MUCH brighter that fits both festoon style map lights and the dome light, it is a 4210-HP6 bulb, I used 'cool white', so as described above a '4210-CWHP6' bulb. It's like daylight in the cab.)
*Note* Some trucks also have the map light bulb listed as a 194.*
License Plate-168
Tail Lights/Brake Lights-3157 *Use a RED bulb for this*
Front Turn Signal-3157

INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS
Speedometer/gauge cluster-B8.5
(Will update with additional bulbs, HVAC, overhead console, ect)

Also, many of the miniature wedge base bulbs (921, 194, 168,) can often interchange, allowing you to use a brighter bulb, IF it will fit in the lens as far as the dimensions go concerning height, width, ect.

The few pics I have so far...not the greatest. These are all 'cool white' by the way, which is almost a pure white color, even if the pictures look a little off.

License plate

Third brake light, and interior lights

Map lights, during daylight though :doh:

Blue LEDs behind dash

#360 ·
Third GEN

OK SO a little help,

What are the numbers for:
Cup Holder
Speedo- 3157?

Also the Headlights are H13??
and
Fogs are 9006???

Or just let me know what page its on thans alot,

Peter

I'm at work so I don't have any pictures, but will edit some in later tonight or so.

THIRD GEN LEDS
Reverse - 3rd Gens from 02-06 use 3057/3157, 07-08 use 921
Third Brake Light-921
Dome Light/Map Lights-578/212-2 (I found one that is MUCH brighter that fits both festoon style map lights and the dome light, it is a 4210-HP6 bulb, I used 'cool white', so as described above a '4210-CWHP6' bulb. It's like daylight in the cab.)
*Note* Some trucks also have the map light bulb listed as a 194.*
License Plate-168
Tail Lights/Brake Lights-3157 *Use a RED bulb for this*
Front Turn Signal-3157​

INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS
Speedometer/gauge cluster-B8.5
(Will update with additional bulbs, HVAC, overhead console, ect)​

Also, many of the miniature wedge base bulbs (921, 194, 168,) can often interchange, allowing you to use a brighter bulb, IF it will fit in the lens as far as the dimensions go concerning height, width, ect.

The few pics I have so far...not the greatest. These are all 'cool white' by the way, which is almost a pure white color, even if the pictures look a little off.

License plate

Third brake light, and interior lights

Map lights, during daylight though :doh:

Blue LEDs behind dash

#3 ·
Some better night pictures of the interior LED's..

SS4Luck, let me know if you want these posts formatted differently, or the pictures re-sized to match the rest.

Reactions: Jixer
#6 ·
I have not had any problem nor heard any problems so far. Where did you get your LEDs from? 99% of aftermarket electrical problems can be chalked up to install error or wrong parts. They could be installed backward and not flow energy through them correctly, not have the right resistor... the list just goes on really

Reactions: Jixer
#7 ·
Nice work SS and Boots!! Rep points to you both!! AND...Great lookin' trucks!

#8 ·
I am wanting to replace all my interior lights ( dash/dome/wherever with blue LED's ) I am confused as they say you need resistors/bases and wide angle LED's for better and brighter lighting? What do I actually need and any pics of the components would be great. Thanks

#11 ·
haha ya a full LED conversion can get expensive! Make you you post a bunch of pics once its all done!!! What color did you go with?

#12 ·
Outside is pretty much normal except I went with red lights for the license plate. Inside I went with green lights, Red would have been cool but I think green will be more useful. Also got some extra lights for some accent lighting under seats and in the storage pockets. I always wanted to put lights in the air vents but that one might be a while before I attempt that.

#15 ·
What is the 4410 bulb? I guessed on my back dome light.. Ordered a lot of LED's from DDM last night however I wasn't sure about that one..

I ended up with a 9x9 kit from DDM http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Panel-LED-5050

I guess if it doesn't work, I'm not out to much.. Ordered 42 MM Festoons for the front.

#18 ·
Sorry guys, Ive been layed up in the hospital and havent been on the forums much. I will get you your answers tomorrow at work!

#22 ·
I was telling myself I'd resist the urge to do this after doing it on my old Prelude. But I can't help it now, it just set the interior off so much better. Especially the gauge cluster. Goodbye dingy green and hello red gauges:LOL:

#23 ·
LED's In My Truck

Here are some pics of my LED's

#25 ·
You will need two "194 LED bulbs" for the Map Lights.. and one "578 LED Bulb" for the rear dome light.. I purchased mine from Amazon

PM me if you want the exact bulbs I Purchased

#28 ·
Vacek I PMed you the link to where I bought mine.. Hope that helps.. anything else you need.. Plz feel free to let me know!..

SS4Luck - Thx alot man! means alot coming from the LED king lol..

#27 · (Edited)
Great lookin LEDs RISE!!

Vace i got your email and will return your email shorts, same goes for you Alex

Ive returned all PMs and emails I believe. If i have told you I would get back to you and havent please shoot me another PM/Email and remind me :)

#35 ·
HAHA its totally cool man, i didnt take it any way but sarcastic.

Ill let you know when im working on the truck next weekend, if you got time/bored you can help me figure the dash bulbs out lol (and see my top secret mods :D)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.