DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

199K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#472 ·
How comes on the first page of this forum it says our interior lights take 921. But when I take the oem lights out. They're like 1/3 of the size of a 921. Maybe a 194?

Wanting to swap my interior lights for leds. So dark in the inside even with lights on.

#474 ·
I'm also looking at replacing the interior with LEDs. I believe the map lights are 921, dome is 4410, and footwell are 194.

Which ones did you find that were 1/3 the size? The footwell 194s would be smaller than the 921.

I would also like clarification before I order, so I know they will fit.

#473 ·
So i just ordered LED lights for my 14' 1500.. I already have lows & fogs but i wanted highs too, i bought the 9005 bulb but it doesn't fit.. They don't really fit in the light housing and the plugin doesn't fit..

These are what i bought:
MOSTPLUS 6000K White LED Headlight Kit 7600LM 60W Per Pair 9005 (9140,9145,H10,HB3)

Could someone tell me why they don't fit when they are 9005 or what bulb i need to get that will fit?

Thanks!

#477 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2006 RAM 2500 (Power Wagon) and would like to replace the interior lights with LED's (dome, map, courtesy, etc..). Can someone assist me with the correct replacement LED's and quantities? Seems like every page I read tells me something different. Thanks!

#481 ·
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

#482 ·
I am looking to upgrade my headlights to super bright white LEDs.
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport extended cab. I have the 4 headlight system requiring 4 lamps and 2 turn indicators. Just looking to do the High/Low beams. What are the best to get? I do not want the blue-ish color or hue, pure bright white !
Thanks for any help ! Links from amazon or other sites to the product helpful to order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.