DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID's with Canceller and Relay Harness??

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chuck2417 
#1 ·
I was looking for a write up on how to install a relay harness with code cancellers if anybody can help? I installed the H11 clearview HID kit and added code cancellers but I'm still getting some flickering. Their Customer Service said I would need a relay harness to eliminate that and well... I have the harness but have no clue how to install it with cancellers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Use the Wiring Harness, don't use the cancellers

#3 ·
^^^^What Talon said :D

#5 ·
Well, I installed the harness without the cancellers and still had the flickering. On top of that the relay was making a loud continuous buzzing so I read on another thread to bridge the 85 & 86 poles on the relay with a 470 uf 35v capacitor and... now the lights won't turn on at all. I'm literally in the dark at this point??

#6 ·
Are you getting a bulb out error on your dash? Rams are hit and miss with HID's. Some will use cheap ebay harnesses and have no problems. Others have used expensive harnesses with built in resistors and capacitors. There are even canbus ballasts that some are using. Any way to post a picture of how things are wired? More information on the ballasts and capactiors would help.

Did you splice wires to install the capacitor?

Plug in the capacitor into the factory plug and the relay harness... That fixed their issue. When installing the capacitor make sure red goes to red and black to black (correct polarity).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.