DODGE RAM FORUM banner

400 Stroker Kit.....!

24K views 126 replies 27 participants last post by  Colorado700R 
#1 ·
Well I just ordered a 400 stroker kit from Inertia Motorsports!!!!! Now the fun begins! Port matching my 6.1 intake to my BV heads and my 90 mm tb also.

#28 ·
I do believe I will I'm sure that this forums needs one badly

#30 · (Edited)
The crank, rods, and bearings showed up today! So i clearanced the block and pulled all the sensors it is now ready to get bored and hot washed finally! Well the first snag we hit was the MDS Solenoids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and OMG what a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 58 bucks a piece it gets real pricey if you break them we broke 3 before figuring out how to remove them it wasent pretty... We turned the block sideways and sprayed some penetrating spray and let it sit for a few mins and took reg pliers and with even pressure were able to twist the last one out thankfully... Having the block sideways gives you a better angle to get better leverage to pull them out.

#31 ·
Took the block to the machine shop today should be done by the end of next week. Just waiting on the heads from Arrington and a 6.1 intake from a guy that has it already ported. Its starting get pretty exciting over here idk what you guys think about it but im going nut over this build truly an experience ill never forget. Having a 600hp truck is gonna be insane.

#32 ·
I'm building my motor this weekend! Finally...

#36 ·
Awesomeness!!! Can't wait

#38 ·
Well looks like mother nature is gonna drag this build out a bit. We just got 8 inches of snow. I'll post up a few pics here in a bit. We got the crank in yesterday and the main caps on and torqued I'm using ARP main studs and side studs so I don't rip the guts out this motor.

#39 · (Edited)
And by the way there is no such thing as rushing in this build I'm not in a hurry to get it done and I'm gonna take sweet time and enjoy every minute of it so as to not mess any thing up. The part that's gonna take the longest and will take every ounce of my patience is going to be putting the pistons together.

#40 ·
Sweetness, patience for sure!

#42 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the bottom end with the bearings, crank, main caps, and studs installed.

Attachments

#44 ·
Putting the rest of the short block together today. I may try to paint the block as well we shall see. Ill post up more pics tonight.

#46 · (Edited)
He sure is Sean does some pretty good tunes. I have a dynoday with my car club on the 25th of Feb that i plan on going too to see what it will do! And will post up vids everywhere.

#47 ·
Pistons are in cam is in and the crank gear is on decided to call it a night here is a pic ill get more soon.

Attachments

#51 ·
There is no replacement for going all forged!

#54 ·
It's been delayed a bit because of the trip I'm going on but will be goin in the truck not this weekend but the next and goin on the dyno on the 25th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.