DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4.56 gears - parts? supplier? issues?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  canadian.bacon 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering 4.56 gears.

Problem is I've never done this and am in the dark as to what all the 2014 4WD requires specifically.

I've heard talk of axle swaps, but also hear OE being modified.

Whats the skinny on all of this?

This is my daily driver so I prefer not to have it down unfortunately.

Thanks!

Var

PS: I tried searching the 2014 forum, as well as using google (2014, 4.56, gears site:www.ramforumz.com ) to no avail.

#2 ·
The main issue with the new ('12+) 4wd Rams is that you can't swap the gears in the front diff. They're welded in. So the first step is finding a front diff from a 2011 that you can actually take apart to do the swap. The next issue is the fact that 4.56 gears are actually a little too big for the stock housing so it will have to be machined in order to get them in. From there it's just a matter of buying the parts and having them installed. With all that I've heard you're looking at around $3500 to have the swap done.

Talk to Andrew (fastNugly) to get all the information you'll need. He's one of the only guys I know of that have put 4.56's into a 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.