DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Engine Cover Complete! *PICTURES INSIDE*

15K views 73 replies 51 participants last post by  Blackzilla 
#1 ·
Took the cover off on Saturday morning, picked some paint up and went to town on it! Having never painted anything like this before I am pretty proud! :D

I guess im not just another stupid carpenter! I can paint!! hahaa

Had a little blue get onto the silver under the 'H' maybe when I was removing the paper who knows. Tried to fix it then and made it worse. Waited about an hour then went at it again! Also did some silver around the lettering to break it up a bit. Hard to do without a fine tip brush! But I did well!

Clear Coat now on and drying for 24 hours.

Just put it back in a couple minutes ago!

Now that I have done this it has inspired me to add some more paint under the hood! A buddy gave me an idea for the air box. Sand the Rams head down and same with the lines. Then do some work on it buy adding plastic letting saying 'MOPAR' down the middle. Just an idea for now.

See less See more
#34 ·
Great Job! I may have to do something similar!

Exco

#39 ·
I taped around the lettered real good then lapped it with newspaper. worked out perfect!

#40 ·
I think it looks sweet!

Drive down and do mine

#43 ·
Just Repleid back to your PM bud.

All i did as prime it before.

#44 ·
that looks sweet dude i love it

#48 ·
Just harvested my bear this weekend actually! :D just over 300 pounds!

#49 ·
@MATTONES

Great looking paint job and very inspiring. I did a similar thing on my FJ Cruiser Spare tire cover and it changed the look drastically. It looks like I will be getting a can or two of paint, some tape, and setting aside an afternoon to do mine now... Thanks for one more MOD...LOL.

Great job. Rep pts applied!

#50 ·
Thanks bud!, Cant wait to see your finished product! I hope to do more in the engine area before winter.

#57 ·
All I did was spray the primer gray. You can sand the plastic before orimer for a smooth finish but i didnt bother. After primer i just went to down and painted. then After painting was complete put abour4-5 clear coats on it.

#60 ·
I work at a construction site. It will just be like that the next day. Its impossible to keep the engine clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.