DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Quick and easy improvement?

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
I'll be taking delivery of my new Outdoorsman CC in about a week and heading from AZ to WI right away.

This vehicle comes with the quad headlights. A lot of the comments on this forum say that the stock headlights are rather wimpy.

Is there an easy improvement I can do short of a complete HID replacement?

#4 ·
I always leave the fogs on with the low beams on my Honda Ridgeline. I'll probably just replace the low beam bulbs on the Ram with a better aftermarket bulb and see how it is on my trip to WI. If I'm still disappointed, I can always look at installing HIDs later.

#5 ·
If you don't mind price PIAA has always made some great bulbs.

#7 ·
What he said, get a good set of HID's for your lows its night and day, don't skimp out on a cheap set off ebay, go to theretrofitsource or retro-solutions and get a complete kit with wire harness and ya 55watt and 6000k lights you will love your light output, also once installed, drop them down a few degrees just to not blind on coming traffic, and if you really want great stuff, go with a retrofit projector kit, but thats more dollars and less easy than just swapping out for HID's

#9 ·
I put in a $21 set of retro solutions HPX bulbs (65W - 6000K) and I don't use my fogs anymore. I had to aim them down a bit as I was getting flashed all of the time. Much nicer than stock but not as bright as HID (I assume because I have never owned HID lighting).

#10 ·
Not to interrupt a thread here, but as a note to all when you leave your fogs on all the time you are blinding the guys driving the big rig trucks. I'm a truck driver. Then when we flash you we get flashed back with full force bright lights, completely blinding us. It's just asking for an accident. Just a thought for all. Thanks. Sorry to interrupt the thread again.

#11 ·
Okay I will interrupt the thread too then.....

I think that HID lamps in vehicles should be banned altogether.

I know I'm going to get razed for this, but they are just too bright in the eyes of the oncoming traffic.

I know that we are taught to advert our eyes to the side of the road when the lights get too bright, but if you have to advert your eyes to the side of the road for a KM down the road, then it's hard not to hit someone.

It is even harder when it is a truck coming towards you and you are in a car.

There are many mods that I think are great, just not this one.

Sorry to interrupt, you can go back to your regular programming now. LOL......

#12 ·
Well I guess I can't also suggest Hid's as your next mod when you get the truck:LOL:

I do get flashed every once in a while.. but not enough to ever make me want to change back. I am driving dark country roads every night and deer are common.. If it wasn't for them I would have collided with a few deers already. The stock lamps weren't close to good enough for what I do.. even the highs were not even great.

also.. 6000k Hid's just look simply awesome.. especially with my white led strip lighting up my grill:smileup:

#13 ·
^CHP do you have any write up or info you could share on your led strip behind the grille? I am clueless when it comes to wiring for all these lights so anything dummed down would help a lot.

#15 ·
Not yet.. But I will write one up within next few days for you.. It was surprisingly simple.. It was the first time I ever did any electrical wiring other then running brake controller wires for hitches.
LOL.......no that's probably one thing that I won't do.

If the headlamps were designed to be tilted down then perhaps it would make a difference, but not too many people tilt them down.

And the nature of the arc tube inside the reflector would give odd striations if it were mounted off centre, so no manufacturer will produce anything like that.

6000 degrees kelvin is pretty blue, does it change what you are looking at any?
6000k appears as white with a hint of blue.. It makes everything very clear.. My dads new caddy has 4000k projector HIDs and they are clear as day... But I am 21. I like flashy colourful things lol... once you go above 6000k.. you start to lose the vision benefits of HIDS and get more into just damn blue then purple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.