DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

199K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#88 ·
Hey SS

I PM'd you a while ago with an assist request but never heard back. I don't have access to my truck right now so no completely sure of the qty of bulbs to by. Thinking of doing my entire purchase through superbrightled. Any way you can help me out?

I'm looing at replace the the taillights
-(3157-R45-T: 45HP-LED 16mm Wedge Base 3157 Tower Bulb) x ??
Reverse Lights
- (921-W9: Wedge Base LED bulb) x 2
License Plate
- (WLED-WHP: 1 High Power LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb) x 2
3rd Brake Light
- (921-R12: Wedge Base LED bulb) x ???
Cargo Light
- (921-W9: Wedge Base LED bulb) x ??
Dome Light
- (4410-CW9: 9 LED Festoon bulb) x ??
Map Lights
- ????????

I am doing the spyder projector headlights with HID bulbs so I think I am good upfront unless I am missing something. I am just undecided about the fogs. I want to make sure they are the same cool white color as the HIDs but not sure if I shoudl do HID's there are replace with an LED bulb. Any thoughts (i.e. will an LED bulb be bright enough?)

Thanks

#89 ·
What about us poor 2nd Gen souls?
Getting my ducks in a row, about to replace the headliner in my '98, and decided since Im yanking the dome & overhead, etc etc, that I'd do the lighting at the same time.
Im on superbrightleds right now, and there are way too many bulb choices for something as seemingly simple as the dome light. Would take a month to pick each bulb for int/ext.
Knowing my luck, they'd all be wrong too. lol
SS4, you have a list written up for 2nd Gen by chance? I'll PM you.
Any help would be huge!
thx!

#92 ·
They are not but in the second post is a 3rd gen truck (should be your body style) that has LEDs and bulb numbers. Im running a little behind on LED help atm, but if you email me at SS4Luck@gmail.com with exact lights you would like replaced (map dome cargo etc) and color of each location desired, I will get you a full list of replacement bulbpart numbers within a few days

#96 ·
Yup i need location, color and year/model of trucks

So basically what ya did was cross over the stock PN's to LED PN's? I'm gonna have to make a list for my generation truck!
Do it! I havent gotten any feedback from anyone with an oldr truck yet

after switchign my cargo lights to leds they stay half on when the parking lights are on... i know this was mentioned earlier but does anyone have a part number for the resistor to fix this and where to get it (them?) from?

My cargos do that as well. It doesnt take a special resistor i just dont know exactly which one works yet. I will let the forum know when I figure it out

#97 ·
Hey ss4, I am looking to convert some of my led's I am looking at the rear 2 in the bumper, idk what they are called or anything like that i am a complete newbie when it comes to these things but I am interested in getting an orange color for those lights where would i look to get them?

#100 ·
Go to superbrightleds.com and check out p/n WLED-AHP5 - those are amber ones from superbright LEDs. Pry the closest to Orange you are gonna get. IT should be legal because it is a stock turn signal/marker color

#103 ·
Hey guys question looking to replace all my 921 bulbs did you guys use the 12 led bulb or the 9 led bulb. Was thinking the 12led for map, cargo, high mount stop & reverse.
Also what about the rear seat dome light, festoon bulb 9 led or 12, all will be cool white.
Thanks

#108 ·
I can get you a list of blue lights by the end of the weekend no problem, I'm on the mountains snowboarding and on my phone now

What LED bulbs go in the power door switches? anyone know? thanks
I don't know third gem bulb placement. If you can take the bulb out and measure it I bet we can figure out which goes where

i bought some leds for my dome and license plate but there not bright not enough.. can someone post a link to the brightest of each bulb?
What color? And map lights as well or just dome?

Was wondering if you were a sponsor or have info on where to purchase the LED's.

03 quadcab laramie 4x4
Not a sponsor just trying to help people out. I get all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com and its where I send people that ask me there as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.