DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hemi Hat Sneak Peak

16K views 57 replies 43 participants last post by  Englishmint 
#1 ·
So I have been fooling around with my engine cover for a while. I am definately not a pro painter! and its not quite finished but after working on my steps today I worked on finishing up on it. Now I just have to button up to light mounting and she's ready to go back on. What do you think? My wife of course says I've gone nuts

See less See more
#4 ·
thats sweet and i agree with jcasey10 about litin up that ram head also

#7 ·
great job and creative mod from the man cave...:smileup::smileup:

#10 ·
That is a great job, the light really make it pop!! unique I like it!!:smileup:

#13 ·
That looks AWESOME man, very cool mod, nice job!!! :smileup:

- Cajun

#18 ·
That's one SWEEET DIY mod. :rep: I too want to know how your lit up the HEMI.

#21 ·
looks great! :rep:

Exco

#22 ·
WOW, thanks for all the positive comments! to answer a couple of questions,

Yes I am concerned about the heat issues from the engine so I am making a reflector/deflector to sheild the lights.

The lights currently are two 9" flouresent tubes behind a piece of plexiglass that I sanded to diffuse the light coming through. I chose them because I wanted the light to "spread out" before coming throught the glass

I did think of try something similar with the airbox but plan on a Volant Cai soon so I figured no sense doing the work. It would look cool though!

No the work bench is still not clean lol

I am on a long change tomorrow so I will be in the garage in the afternoon I will take a couple of pics of the parts as I have them so far and write up what I have done. If anyone has any ideas on improving the overall design or has any sheilding ideas I'd love to hear them.

#24 ·
Damn man that looks sweet! I really like it!

#25 ·
You should feel honoured LOL :rep: first time I have ever given reps but dude seriously I love that engine cover and the way you lit it up just incredibly unique...great job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.