DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Headlights

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  purodude 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their headlights?
I wouldn't mind something brighter than the factory bulbs.

Any suggestions as to what you replace with and costs?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have sylvania silverstars and i like them, they are whiter and a little brighter than stock. I think i piad $30.00 when i bought them. You could also go the HID route but that will be more expensive, especially if you get projector headlights.

#8 ·
Your not going to like changing the bulbs. Believe it or not the grill has to come off?. But I have done it a few times and it's not as bad as it sounds. Pop off the rad cover under the hood then I think there are 4 bolts on the top that hold the grill on. Make sure you put some painters tape at the bottom of the grill so u don't scratch the paint. Now just pull the grill strait out its in there pretty good but it will come out with a little force. Once out there are 2 bolts holding each headlights in. Then in the wheel well there is a trap door open it and there is a plastic leaver pull to detach the headlight from the truck. I know it sounds complicated but once you do it it's not as bad as it sounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.