DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mount Location??

Which Would Be/Look Better???

8K views 119 replies 8 participants last post by  brad12kx 
#1 ·
So Im planning on adding some Hella 500ff's to my brush guard but I cant seem to figure out where to mount them. Here are pics of them mounted on the top, bottom, and middle bar of the brush guard. All opinions are welcomed. The only thing I want to remind everybody is, if the lights were mounted in the middle, they will be turned upside down. The image doesn't show it like that, since it took me an hour just to figure out how to do this LOL. And sorry for my sh*tty photoshop skills LOL

See less See more
#81 · (Edited)
Well I went and did the beam test, the conditions werent that great. One one end of the road I have reflective markers where the bridge is, and on my end (dead end) my big rig is parked in the road. And I damn sure wasnt moving the truck as Im not too keen on driving it more than I have to LOL. The lights had to be aimed pretty close to my truck, so they dont show how they actually perform.
Arth Im sooo glad you suggested what you did today. I was very unpleased with the beam pattern with the lights upside down. The pics didnt come out too great, but this is what I got

Driving light (right side up)
Its hard to see, but its pretty much a straight line across the bottom and flares out a bit on the top

Driving light (upside down)
The straight line is now on the top. I do not like this. Its lighting up an area closer to man rather than far away. This is what the factory lows and fogs are for IMO.

Fog light (right side up)
I was really impressed with these

Fog light (upside down)
Once again, not impressed with it upside down

#86 ·
Yeah my vote stay on the bottom right side up. However maybe in the middle right side up. Might be a tight fit and from the pics I've seen it would be more interesting to mount but hey they don't call it a mod for nothin.

Whatever you choose I can already tell there will be some ridiculousness lighting coming off that rig of yours. :4-sunshine:

#88 ·
As much as I would love to mount them on the bottom, I might install tow hooks like you said. I might mount 4 fogs on the bottom in the middle, and the 2 driving in the middle right side up...Hell even I wont know until I mount them LOL
THAT is why I haven't released my current mod to the general public. I'm still fabbing.... haven't even started wiring lol. As IDWB said early in my thread in an exibit voice, this will be Modding mods on my ram.
I like secrets, you can tell me :smileup:

#108 ·
Well I've been telling them for 3 weeks that my tires are wearing down very quickly but they refuse to do a 3 axle alignment until regular scheduled maintenance time, so f it
I definitely got they're attention today when I called LOL
They've spent $2900 in tires in the past 1.5 months
And since I yelled sooo much I get the truck fixed, but at the yard in Little Rock, AR this weekend
So I get to spend my weekend at corporate, yay for me

#112 ·
So anywho, heres some night shots of the Hellas, theyre not installed (wiring) or properly aimed yet, but here ya go! The pics really DO NOT do them any justice, I would say they're about 3x brighter than they are in the pics
Now if only I could get them converted to HIDs this weekend, this project would be in the bag. But as some of you know (your all about to know lol), I get to spend my weekend at corporate, so next weekend they will be done.......hopefully LOL

From 100' away, looking at truck

Just Hellas
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Hellas, lows, and fogs

And of course, some glamour shots LOL (not sure why the lows and street light are green though :4-dontknow:

#116 ·
So anywho, heres some night shots of the Hellas, theyre not installed (wiring) or properly aimed yet, but here ya go! The pics really DO NOT do them any justice, I would say they're about 3x brighter than they are in the pics
Now if only I could get them converted to HIDs this weekend, this project would be in the bag. But as some of you know (your all about to know lol), I get to spend my weekend at corporate, so next weekend they will be done.......hopefully LOL

From 100' away, looking at truck
Light a freight train coming at you :str:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.