DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mount Location??

Which Would Be/Look Better???

8K views 119 replies 8 participants last post by  brad12kx 
#1 ·
So Im planning on adding some Hella 500ff's to my brush guard but I cant seem to figure out where to mount them. Here are pics of them mounted on the top, bottom, and middle bar of the brush guard. All opinions are welcomed. The only thing I want to remind everybody is, if the lights were mounted in the middle, they will be turned upside down. The image doesn't show it like that, since it took me an hour just to figure out how to do this LOL. And sorry for my sh*tty photoshop skills LOL

See less See more
#47 · (Edited)
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

I like my hids just for the fact that the halogens in my generation really were lacking, especially in a faded yellow housing. even with the headlight upgrade, they still lack. night time driving in rapid city during a shower, you couldnt even see road lines. that was my sole reason for upgrading. i could care less about the color, but since its an option, i might as well get what i like right? basically it all comes down to PERSONAL preference.

and with the addition of my hella converts, i can have yellow for rough weather thats typical out here and back in Wisconsin, plus for those long dirt back roads and farm feilds in WI (deer shining lol) my hella drivings cut right through. I run my truck as tailored for my needs, hence my lift and tires, they get me through what these two states have thrown at me.

#73 ·
Ehh...ehhh....I don't know. The only issue I see now with mounting on the bottom is if you ever plan to add tow hooks...if that's the case I like this mounting style better but I have never seem them mounted upside down. Did you happen to just connect a switch to the battery/light and see how the beam pattern/light output was? Wouldn't be to cool to get it all drilled, mounted, and wired up just to have horrible beam/lighting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.