DODGE RAM FORUM banner

pass side headlights out, help!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dodgemanz 
#1 ·
My passenger side headlights all of a sudden died, high beam, low beam, running lights all dead, i have recon headlights.. the only light that works is the turn signal?? i cant find any fuses for the headlights and am pretty green in wiring stuff so any ideas?? thanks

#2 ·
Ok been here done this lol first ill ask do you have led turn signals if so disconnect your resistor this same thing happened to me. If not my suggestion is pull fuses there are fuses for the headlights they are just not marked good. But my resister in my tail went out and i had this same problem.

#6 ·
New problem with this, my left turn signal keeps going out but will come back on.. i have recons that had a resistor wired into them to fake the correct voltage so the system doesnt detect a turn light out, im pretty dumb with electronics but is there a way to test if this resistor is dead or dying and needs replaced??. Also the original problem with my headlights after taking them out and playing with the connector they came back on so i taped them up and they worked for a little but now every couple days whenever i go over some rough road they go bakc out... i have traced the problem to the big connector (green one) to the purple connector on recon lights, on the green factory connector the three wires when pushed down the lights come back on but i cannot get them to stay on. Can i buy a new connector and just cut the old one off and connect wires to the new plastic thing???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.