DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Led dome/map light HELP!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hriczko806 
#1 ·
So i install new led map light today in my 08 ram. when i go to turn them on by pushing on the lens they are very dim. only a few of the leds come on. but when i turn them on using the dimmer switch they light up like they should. and when i went to put in the led for the dome light they all flicker. the map lights dont flicker if i leave the dome light out. if i tap on the dome light if will also flicker on and off. what is the deal with all that. i put my original lights back in and they work just fine. i got them from superbrightleds.com. im sure they are the right bulbs. they all fit no problem.
Any help would be great.

Part number of the bulbs i bought.
(3) - 4410-b9 blue festoon bulbs.

#6 ·
What you're experiencing is normal. Basically what happens is that there is always a tiny amount of current going through these lights, this is with any car, home light, etc.. With a regular bulb it isn't even enough current to heat the filament and produce light. When you replace the incandescent bulb with an LED bulb you get this effect. The LED is sensitive enough to pick up this small current and produce light. If you wire a resistor before the LED this should take care of it. Otherwise I would just let it go. The same thing applies to CFL bulbs. If you install one and go into that room with the lights completely off youll notice the same effect. You may have to look at it out of the corner of your eye, but you'll see what I'm talking about.

I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.